I Forge Iron

New Year’s Eve 2022

TWISTEDWILLOW

Back to the general vicinity of topic. You all know what a stickler I am for that! 

On top of my trip to the ER and results, good and not so, we've been enjoying a few days of severe wind storms, ranging in the 70mph and gusts in the 80s in Wasilla Palmer was seeing gusts in the 90s. The forguessers have been saying it'd be tapering off down to the 40s-50s. It'd be  relief, lots of my bretheren out there know what a hard blow is like.

I was looking forward to it easing up when I see on the local news this morning that the Wasilla KFC had been pretty much blown to pieces, lost the roof and a wall with lots of debris following. That closed the local Fred Meyer, I haven't heard if it's damage or no power, the power is off in that area too. 

It's a fast food disaster! KFC is a yard sale, Carl's Jr., Arby's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Qdoba, The Panda, a sushi place, A take and bake pizza place, Dominos, Smash Burger, and a couple others are all CLOSED!:o

Hopefully in one piece though, we enjoy an Arby's sandwich maybe once a month so we have our fingers crossed. It's a bummer about KFC, we like the pot pies or fried chicken now and then too. 

I'm not making light of so many folks who have lost everything or worse relatives, whatever the disaster. I just thought the KFC blowing across the Fred Meyer parking lot with no injuries might lighten the mood a little. I know when I found out nobody had been hurt I was almost giddy.

Frosty The Lucky.

I’m glad no one was hurt! We get high winds through here a few times a year

an it ain’t no fun to pick the roof tin up in the morning and have to screw it back on the shop roof first thing in the morning… 

last time that happened the neighbor down the road had a feed silo tilted back an the wind put down part of the roof off the dairy barn down and then sat the silo back down nice and neat right back on top of it! 

crazy thing was during that storm it took his whole well house and no one ever found it, but the old light bulbs he had setting on the floor were still there! 

You hear stories like that about twisters TW, happily I've never been near one. 

This is a pic of our KFC. I expect there'll be more and better tonight. For now I'm staying clear. Deb had to run to town for a prescription and will be going through the intersection I'll get a report when she gets back.

Frosty The Lucky.

1/03/2022, Wasilla Alaska. A windstorm with 100mph+ gusts ...

Kfc has a big collection bin out by their dumpsters and it gets picked up. I know because I worked at one for a few years. Might want to keep an eye out for shelving and stuff by the dumpster during the cleanup. They likely will have a big crew come out.