I Forge Iron

Halloween.

BillyBones

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Trick-or-Treaters this year, were 1 for 17 years now.  We did go visit 4 of the grandsons on Saturday before they went to a party in costume so we got to see them. They lean towards Super Heroes.  I did get to peruse one of their books on how to survive encounters with various Japanese traditional Monsters and Spirits.

Thanks Frosty. Addy the 1 1/2yo. got to ride in the wagon with dad pulling her. She's a handfull or 10 to corral so we strapped her in. She gave up asking us to open candy by the end and started eating it through the wrapper.  They both had a load of fun. 

I can deffinately see the forge setup being a great halloween backdrop. 

That sounds like a wonderful time Das! I can see the youngest tied in, maybe wearing a straight jacket. It is Halloween after all. That's a wonderful mental image I'll be smiling for a while. Thank you.

I can remember when some candy companies marketed Halloween candy in edible wrappers.

Halloween is so full of memories for me it doesn't take much to trigger a scene or experience. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I took a dear old friend's two daughters trick or treating for the first time. The eldest, Marie didn't quite understand what was going on but liked the candy then the light came on. "When I say trick or treat they give me CANDY!" I wasn't able to get her to understand she needed to wait for people to answer the door. She'd run to the next house and stand at the door saying trick or treat until I got there with her little sister and knocked. 

Crystal her little sister got it first time but neither of us could keep up. I don't think Marie got home with any candy though, she was eating it as fast as she got it. It's funny, she was never so fond of candy afterwards, half a candy bar or a couple M&Ms was enough.

Good times.

Frosty The Lucky.

This was max’s first Halloween where he actually got to trick or treat, he’s a year an a half old, last year we dressed him up but we didn’t take him, 

he really got excited watching all the other kids in costumes running around, he kept digging his loot out of his pail an waving it around lol, 

Lol, thanks John. Should have. It would have added to the fun but some kids might have been scared. There were two my 3yo was scared of. One was an animatronic and the other had a costume and fake knife. Once the guy hid the fake knife she was ok with moms coaxing that it was ok. 

I can see how edible candy wrappers didn't really work out lol.  

Sounds like Max had a great time. 

Frosty, no lie, we joke about Addy needing a straight jacket even not at halloween time. If we did get her in one, no doubt she would get out of it. Maybe next year she can dress up as Houdini. She has some fast hands. 

TW, it almost doesn't matter lol. They can reach, grab and climb anyway. The wagon did help a bit. Make sure it has seatbelts. When shes in a mood she can even get out of her carseats belt. I have no doubt Addy will be walking up walls and on the ceiling soon. Lol

My niece was a police officer and at a few houses, rather than saying "Trick or Treat", she said "You're under arrest!". She was given extra candy.

My brother was... I'm not sure what "Steampunk man with skull cane" seems appropriate, I was myself (with a hard hat) and my mom was Dorthy.

imagejpeg_0_12.thumb.jpg.b7ebc1372e108f9a6cfb01ba60a9e0fd.jpg

13 hours ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

Just a reminder...

Thanks IDFC a good morning laugh is a great way to start the day! 

The neighbor's elder daughter (I took trick or treating) liked to chimney climb to the ceiling of their mobile home hallway. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice photos all.  A little late but Saturday we went to Trunk or Treat and I got to help decorate the car as a spider.  The pvc legs are laughably spindley and whoever heard of a white halloween spider?  The kids loved it though.  No photos of them, I was to busy handing out the treats.  Don't need any tricks you know.... :)

20211030_164226_HDR(1)_compress90.jpg

The fangs make it look like a vampire spider. 

When you say Cheese balls do you mean something like cheese puffs or softball sized balls of cheese? I can sometimes eat a few of the first but can't imagine eating one of the second. It'd take too many days to clear my system no matter how good it tasted.

Frosty The Lucky.

Lol, my kids could go through a few of those jugs of cheese puffs. They worked well for eyes. For night time you could even put some led lights in em. 

I've been wanting to make a large spider for a while now. Or an opillione. I have some great old mine bolt/anchor rod things I got from a friend for the lower part of the legs. 

Some day.. :huh: