I Forge Iron

Halloween.

BillyBones

Some photos of how we celebrate Halloween here i thought some of y'all may enjoy.

IMG_20211016_190809.thumb.jpg.6ab267e2d8ee2b36ef9cc305f659a7e9.jpg

IMG_20211016_190402.thumb.jpg.6d4a11a355b8b8e4dec32284accaf060.jpg

Another pukin guy,

IMG_20211016_190318.thumb.jpg.42d50f805d3d68b47de8cdda2a085ace.jpg

IMG_20211016_190054.thumb.jpg.46207fa7934983ff8bcea6337740489a.jpg

IMG_20211016_185801.thumb.jpg.e97409b1f7fe0ad28795934b29a2c521.jpg

Frankenstein and his bride.

IMG_20211016_185613.thumb.jpg.22884443758579daa37c9af05213941d.jpg

Nothing can be complete with out the skull drummer.

IMG_20211016_185407.thumb.jpg.4fc1ef28256107adeb78e93bfde1ea89.jpg

The original five and dime.

IMG_20211016_185043.thumb.jpg.1e0d3dbf1d7f79e56e92265e77d13127.jpg

IMG_20211016_185007.thumb.jpg.2b6baf37bb494abfd5715f5c3ced80a3.jpg

A little blury but it is a festival here.

IMG_20211016_184805.thumb.jpg.4201f2f167f63f1c5997984a1f4babf7.jpg

Anyway this is how we celebrate Halloween in Fairborn Ohio. 

IMG_20211016_184924.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike has 2 ghostbuster cars and a couple Hurst. He also has a coffin car like the Grandpa's from the Munsters and just a couple hot rods. We are also a bunch of motor heads around here. He did not have his cars out last night though. 

If you look on top of the original store there are a couple tripods. Those are for the witch that usually flies across the street on a broom. They had to take it down becuase it got a bit windy the other day though. 

I also could not take any photos or video inside the stores or the haunted houses that are in the stores, mostly the up stairs ones. But in one of the stores he has an electric chair, a real electric chair from a defunct prison. He has a dummy in it and every so often they will light it up so it looks like an electrocution. 

You're making me want to plan on RVing in your part of the country on Halloween. There are people who go all out decorating for Halloween and whole neighborhoods who do Christmas lights but I don't think towns or neighborhoods do Halloween like that. The local animal shelter used to have a haunted house fund raiser but some Bozo administrator thought it wasn't appropriate and it's no longer allowed. 

I REALLY wish we had something that cool, I'd be willing to drive a couple hours each way. <wistful sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Now you got me thinking.  I had been planning to arc weld up some horse shoe pumpkins; but I doubt I will have power in time.  However I could forge out the ends of the shoes flatten and punch a hole in them and make a horse shoe pumpkin that can have the horse shoes moveable so you could spread them out for display and move them together for storing...

Billy, I meant to also post on your photos and got mentally sidetracked lol. 

Love halloween and there are a lot into it here as well. That looks like a fun town. I haven't had the kind of time I've had in the past to decorate. I used to go all out. I still have some animatronic halloween decorations in mind to build. 

Unfortunately many of my old decorations and stuff have deteriorated a bit. Elizabeth is more into lawn inflatables and cheap decorations... "sigh" 

I like full on realistic scary decor. 

We've had one in 24 years but we live in the woods. That was the first year we were living on site during Halloween and started stocking candy. Stopped after a few years though. 

One of my best experiences was when I took a good friend's two daughters trick or treating the first time. The older daughter realized what was going on the third time someone gave her CANDY!!! when she said "trick or treat." I almost needed a leash to keep her from running to the next house. She kept repeating, "You say trick or treat and they give you CANDY!!!" Said that for about 2 weeks. Her folks wanted to take it away but I suggested they just take a bunch for a couple days, the kids will believe they ate it all. Talk about hyper!

I'm hoping costume parties will start happening again next year. Clowns scare the kids, I had to stop dressing as the homicidal nurse Frosty and it was a good one too. <sigh> The steam punk pirate is fun, I can talk techno babble for hours on any topic.

Frosty The Lucky.

Went to a costume party a few years back when i was still married to my x. These 2 girls came walking in and one sat down next to me and we started talking. My x looks at me with daggers in her eyes and gritted teeth and says "Who the .... is that ?" I said "That is Donny, the guy i work with." Him and his buddy pulled it off so well you couldnt tell they were not women. Oh, Donny was also a body builder also so it was not like he was a small petite guy either. 

Nurse Frosty on the left, Madame Endoscopy and one of our patients on the far right. I can't find the steam punk pirate, maybe Deb has a pic, she has more of Nurse Frosty.

Remember gang, Scott asked me to subject you to this. 

Frosty the Lucky.

SurgeryGroup.thumb.jpg.f9bdf2684c86832712e4f09881043da4.jpg

Funny story Billy. Lol. Wish i could see her face when you told her. Be even funnier if your friend turned towards her and had a beard. 

Yeah Frosty, you make a good madd nurse.

Back in my earlier band days  I made a big syringe probably about 16" long with the plunger closed. It was a working prop and would shoot water with red food coloring. Wish I still had it. Had a clear plastic tube with a polished aluminum "needle" and steel handle with the loops. Some rubber bushings made it actually work. 

Haven't done a lot in costumes lately but have a good furry wolf costume I made about 15 years ago that I will still wear, and have stuff for a pirate costume including a wooden sword I made.