I Forge Iron

Halloween.

BillyBones

Kids are eating machines.  LED eyes would be cool and I have thought about neon.  I don't think it's that easy though.  Then there is somebodies suggestion of "Ooh OOH! Have a couple of those plasma balls for eyes!" from a previous comment on another thread.  I wish I had time and money to burn dabbeling in such things.  I had to search out opillione.  You have 6,650 species as a model to choose from!  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those cheese ball tubs you could just get a couple cheap battery power mini strings of lights to ball up in them. There are also remote control battery powered stick on or screw on lights that can be chaned to different colors. Warning tho, looking at all the different led lights online like on amazon might give you a headache will all the different stuff out there.

I'd just make my native and common old daddy longlegs for the opillione. Grew up with them around and most commonly adorning the walls and ceiling of tents and the latrine at boy scout camp. 

That can happen when you have friends that have interests in bugs. "Daddy longlegs aren't spiders... they are opilliones.... they don't have this and have that.. and...."  oook.. 

I keep saving the half sphere magnification lenses from car headlamps that are busted open. Keep wanting to use them as eyes for a dragon or something. Could probably work if the spider or opillione is big enough. 

Das, wasnt that munchkin just born like a month ago? 

Love seeing the kiddos dressed up. Always one of my favorite times to get my daughter all dressed up. Word of advice do not dress them up as a playing card. My daughter has always loved Alice in Wonderland and one year wanted to go as the ace of hearts. 2 big pieces of card board, 1 for front and 1 for back, that had straps on the shoulders. She could not get her arms in front of her. Hated it.

Glad everyone had a good time and fun with the kids. 

Happy Thanksgiving now. 

Billy, it seems like it sometimes, then others it has felt like a long hard road. They grow up so quick. Can't blink. 

We'll see what they want to dress up as next year. My Idea for Addy was a bulldozer made from cardboard pieces. 

With the cards you should have tried cutting holes or notches in the front card for her arms. Haha. As I was reading I was guessing wind knocked her over so not as big a problem as that. 

I made a pretty nice mad hatter hat once for the x for a costume she pieced together. It was a pretty close replica to the johnny depp mad hatter hat. I ended up selling it after she left. 

Time to start brainstorming for next year. 

Its priceless taking the kids out and experiencing their excitement with them.