I Forge Iron

Ghost Stories!!

Lenat

Ive taken a part time job giving historic tours through Williamsburg, VA.(using it to save for my forge) We go all through the town from W&M college where thomas Jefferson went to school to the peyton Randolph house which is considered the most haunted house in virginia and tell the unexplainable happenings... but I makes me curious.

Do you all have any ghost stories of your area? Old abandoned legends, I feel ghost story telling is a dying art. I would love to hear anyones!

Thank you!!

A quick google search listed about 6,710,000 results, including the George Wythe house and the Public Hospital, Williamsburg Va.  There seems to be a large internet following for this subject that you may want to tap into.

IForgeIron is a world wide forum with over 150 countries visiting the site each month.  You may want to limit your search to your area first. It is local to you and has a rich history to explore.  Then there is the task of separating the stories from the facts.

I'll delete the post then, just give me a moment to figure out how. Was just trying to participate and start conversation. I'm aware of the history here as I'm a tour guide for it. I was hoping to learn about other places. I'll stick to my own after this. My apologies.

I'm pretty neutral on the subject of ghosts but I've seen a few things at one of the hotels I work at that's made me wonder. I walked past the open door of the public restroom in the hallway and thought I seen someone standing in front of the sink looking into the mirror in the dark. When it dawned on me what I thought I seen and turned around to check and no one was there of course. On another morning at about three forty five i showed up to finish up the work I left from the day before. I went into the laundry room and loaded the machine and went back out to talk with the night auditor and there was a pair of cowboy boots sitting in the middle of hallway. One was standing up one was laying on it's side. When we checked the video they weren't there when I walked in and the camera wasn't activated again until I came out of the laundry room and seen them. No one ever did claim them. Both of those things happened within about twenty feet from the door to a room where a guest committed suicide on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. Seeing a lone pair of boots in an empty hotel hallway in the middle of the night really is more creepy than it sounds. 

Pnut

I worked warehouse and it's just rows and rows of product. We had to wear aprons and it's a joke for us to come up behind people and untie them.

We had several mexican woman get their aprons untied and there be no one around. It only happened to them and only happened in a certain spot of the upstairs warehouse.

We ended up calling whatever it was micheal.  He only untied aprons and knocked product off shelves so it wasnt anything scary just more of an annoyance.

The 1886 Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs is reported to be the most haunted hotel in the U.S. We have been there many times and have had some interesting experiences there. Not scary but unexplained, like when walking in some of the hallways the hair on the back of your neck will stand up and you will feel cold.

Another time we had dinner there and the hotel cat Morris was sleeping in the sun out on the second floor veranda. All of a sudden he woke up and all the hair on his back was standing up like he saw a ghost. It took him all of 2 seconds to exit the veranda to the garden.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/ar-crescenthotel/

Those shock collars are pretty effective. Back in the golden days of the scary movie they used to pump subsonics in the sound tracks to make people feel uneasy. I don't know if there's a frequency that'll give a person the chills but maybe. That was also the days of the subliminal message, "you are thirsty have a coke":wub:.

Gotta pee?

Frosty The Lucky.

BooLogo.jpg.35f1c7725de611d3d8d64bc9c3f86123.jpg

I am a charter member of B.O.O. We had t-shirts and sweatshirts and still have actual badges, made by the same people who make FBI badges. We've gone on ghost hunts (sometimes outside the USA), do investigations, and were featured on Discovery Channel Canada on a kids' TV show about how to approach claims about ghosts and hauntings. And we were vilified by other ghosthunters because were skeptics. (Don't go looking for us though because I took down the website years ago when we stopped doing ghosthunts.)

However, we're planning a ghosthunting/photo trip to Northern State Hospital in Sedro Wooley this summer. The most important tool in the ghosthunting arsenal are Rice Krispie Treats. Rice Krispie Treats are the official food of adventure.

We did one investigation where the entire workforce of this bookstore were too terrified to go into the basement storage area. We hid some cameras and mics, but it was when we interviewed the employees that we caught the guy who was scaring everyone. He'd been dating someone who also worked there and when she broke up with him, he started terrorizing her. Then it spread. He was such a jerk.

One time we were in Deal, England, in a pub (because bars always have spirits, hahahah---get it?) when I heard one of my favorite ghost stories. We hear a lot of stories doing this very thing---sit in a local watering hole like a bar or coffee shop, be honest when someone asks what you're doing in town and be honest. Everyone laughs at you then after a bit, people will start telling stories. Happens every time.

So, the woman who told us this story was the daughter of the cleaning woman who took care of a set of elderly fraternal twins living in a nearby village. The twins were very close and very eccentric. They would always perform at village gatherings where she sang and he played piano. The brother died and the sister lived in the house alone but for visits from the cleaning woman. One day the cleaning woman was about to open the front door when she heard someone singing accompanied by a piano. 

"It's so nice to hear you singing," she told the elderly sister when she came in.

"Oh, yes," the lady said. "It's so nice to sing again."

"I didn't know you played the piano,"

"Oh, no," the old lady said. "I don't."

My late wife and I were staying at Castle Marne, an old mansion converted to a B&B, v. nice, and had a room on the 2d floor under the owners' apartment on the 3d floor.  During the night we both heard the sound of light tapping like the nails of a small dog trotting around on a hard floor.  In the morning the owners asked us if we had slept well and we said that we had and that we had heard their dog trotting around in the night.  They looked at us a bit oddly and told us they did not have a dog.  I don't suppose that ghost chihuahuas are very scary but it did happen to us.  Also, when we lived in a 1907 house in Greeley, CO we would occasionally hear what sounded like footsteps upstairs when we were all downstairs.  Never had any other unexplained experiences in that house and just figured that we had one or more spiritual roommates who kept to themselves.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

We visited Hearst Castle once but didn't see or hear anything spookier than the place itself. A good example of what too much money and a  demented obsession can do. Neat place but I wouldn't want to vacuum the stair cases or dust. IIRC all the doors have locks too.

Frosty The Lucky.

Not really a ghost story but there have been times when working at the forge that I have felt that the shades of all the smiths before me, back to the start of the use of metal, were looking over my shoulder at what I was doing and how I was doing it.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

On 2/29/2020 at 1:30 AM, Lenat said:

I was more interested in anyone's here sense it's a diverse group and I've found it a fun topic. Was just curious if anyone here had first hand ghost stories of interest.

When I was 10 my parents bought an orchard. The property was 17 acres on a riverfront, and the house was an adobe house built in 1860. It had a history of being a winery, a bar, a clandestine distillery and a guesthouse at different times. Some of the neighbours told me they were born in one of the rooms when it was a guesthouse, one of them was 90 at the time. Plenty of stories of fights at the bar and others of people disappearing in the river after a heavy night at the bar. 

The story goes that my 2 brothers and me, had one big bedroom that used to be part of the bar, after it was divided in two to adapt it to family life. We got accustomed to hear footsteps outside walking up and down under the veranda that involved the house all around. We were scared stiff at first, particularly when it was pitch dark. However when things kept on happening even with full moon, we sort of accepted it as part of the house. We could hear someone walking up and down in front of the house particularly in autun with a thick layer of leafs on the ground. We tried to see what made the noise with full moon and the help of torches, to no avail. 

We used to tell ourselves that if we couldn't see him/her ... it couldn't hurt us. 

The ghost  stopped his nocturnal walks when I turned 16.