I Forge Iron

Thank you Veterans

Frosty

Frosty, it was my honor to serve. 

And to the vets, thank you for the honor to serve as a brother in arms. 

I come from a military family and have had relatives serve in every single conflict in this country back to the French and Indian war. Joining the Army was never a choice for me. When people would ask me when i was a kid what i wanted to be  when i grew up the answer was a soldier. 

It is with a heavy heart that i see the division we have today in this country. But i come here and this is a community that can put all that aside and talk about smithing and for that i would like to thank all the admin for not letting this turn into a political discussion board like so many other places have morphed into. It truly is a place where i can get some stress relief and hang with some really great folks.  

1 hour ago, BillyBones said:

t i would like to thank all the admin for not letting this turn into a political discussion board like so many other places have morphed into.

Sad to say we have had a few try,  but lucky for us after being set straight about it, they left and took most of the drama with them.

From an old Viet Nam infantryman, you're welcome but we were just doing what was asked/required of us at the time.  Two quotes, the second more appropriate for Memorial Day but worth remembering more often than once per year.

"All gave some, some gave all."

"They shall not grow old, as we who are left grow old,

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,

In the morning and at the going down of the sun,

We will remember them."

-Laurence Binyon-

Every day I think of the boys and young men who never got to grow old as well as all my shoulder brothers. (The last refers to the Anglo-Saxon term for those who stood beside you in the shield wall0.

George M.

LTC (R)  AUS

Late of 1/C/1/12 Cav/I Cav Div (AMB), RVN 1970-71