I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

Me the cheese n kisses and the 2 billy lids will be hitten the frog n toad this fri to go down to moonies over the long weekend to give him a hand to get the place tarted up. Be it digging dunny holes, fixing more tin to the shed walls, cleaning the barbie, cooling the cans, fueling up and doing an oil change on the APC, does'nt matter, we's is gunna give im an and. Its all coasting from here on in guys. (coasting is going down hill with no effort) May even get some time to whack some hot steel (or maybe not, gotta take the little lady to a ____ flower show in Canberra on sunday (yawn)). What fun!

Phil

On youse Phil , would love ta be up with youse , but missus ain't too good after her 'wasted flyin' trip up ta QLD ( Rattle10mm country ) .

Just a reminder ta every 1
BYO sleeping arrangements , Tucker ( except saturday nite ) Steel for any project youse wanna do , Tools ( MOONY & the rest of us will ave "some " ) So youse don't need ta bring youse whole shop ............BEER

Remember "$ 25.00 "donation " to help cover fuel costs ( forges / gennies ) & the feed Saturday nite .

See me on arrival to sign in & get a name tag ( cos i forget peoples names after 10 or so tinnies ) :)

Will be a donated item raffled as well , a custom made knife made by Mr Rich Hale ( thank you very much Rich ) so bring some extra $ for that .

Any 1 else wishing to come please PM me & let me know or if you need any info , still plenty of time

October 29 th , 30 th , 31 st

Braidwood NSW

Dale Russell

P.S.... 30 day till i leave from here , wish it was 30 minutes .. :)

G'Day Littlemilligan , what part of Gippsland you in ?

As John / Jocko58 said he's passin' your way . Maybe you & him can hook up on the hwy .

If not , let me know , mite be another bloke from Vic headin' up from the Upper Yarra Valley i could swing a lift with for you , no promises thou .

Dale Russell

P.S .. PM me & we'll try work this out

Hi all
Just spent the weekend with Glenn, cleaned up a bit, fixed the other forge up (made it a bit deeper, always niggled me that, too close to the tuyere) went and picked up some more stuff from Nowra, did some work on the 10 man forge, played with the new press for a little while, drunk some beer, talked a lot of rubbish.
Did'nt get to fix up the thunderbox, Glenn had already finished the tin on the walls, the APC did'nt need the oil changing, and we mucked around with the kids with some hot steel (my eldest daughter wanted to learn how to make a 4 leaf clover) talk about a tall order for her 1st job.

The end of the month is fast approaching.
Oh yeh we tried to round up some of them dunny budgies, talk about herding cats! What a futile job that turned out to be.

Phil

On youse Phil , i's owe youse a coldie or 2 for that , wish i hadda been able ta get up & give youse a hand too

John , great on the lime , but think u'll need more then the " 1 " can , them dunny budgies ave taken up residence & wont give up without a fight ... ;)

Ok , 2 more to the list , Andy Jagger / Jack Smith & his son Mick are comin' up as well . Andy's a local smith to me & my DRINKING / business partner .

So to me reaconing it's 23 AUSSIE IFI members ( & friends ) . 2 American IFI members . 1 British IFI member + the crew that MOONY'S invited ( approx 25 - 30 ) Should be a BLAST this yr

Any 1 else interested in comin' please let me & MOONY know " asap " gotta get numbers for the feed Saturday nite

Remember food ( except Saturday nite ) , camping gear , tool's ( you wont need your whole shop ) steel for any project you want to do , BEER is up to YOU to bring ....... Dunny paper / safety equip ( glasses , ear plug's/muffs , boots ect )too

See me on arrival & i'll get you signed in ( just soin' we's know who's there & soin i's can bung a list of every 1 who fronted this yr in here ) & give you a name tag ( i forget my own name after 10 or so tinnies , ow's i ment ta remember yours :) )

Rich Hale has donated a lovely knife for us to raffle off as well , mite be an idea ta bring a few $ along for that too ( sorry Matt , i can't rig it so u'll win ... unless the bribe is big enough that is ... :) )

Dale Russell

18 More sleeps to go

Jocko, you really need to get out more.
Moonys birthday today, 25 and never been kissed (if you believe that you'll believe anything) (that he's never been kissed, he really is only 25, he's just had a really hard life so far)

If anyone has a special request for steel let me know and I'll see what I can bring. (and i don't want a request like "oh phil could you bring 24 lenghts of angle iron for me to make a new tool rack, you can buy that yourself. I'm talking alloy steel or steel for tools.