I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

• 2 weeks later...

Ok every 1 in OZ .

Just a reminder that MOONY'S " Get HAMMERED " is on next weekend

Would be great ta see youse all there

Those that are traveling from interstate please drive carefully , wanna be able ta ave'a tinnie or 10 with youse

Any others who ain't decided till the last minute will be welcome

Dale Russell

Will be loadin up the old ute tomorrow and driving the 5 hours to moonies to do what I do all week, oh and to tell stories and dring beer with dale and moonie, must find some time to get some sleep tonight. Big day tomorrow.

Phil

Ditto from me, Glenn's hospitality is second to none. I meet new friends, learnt heaps and got to see the 7CWT Massey in operation which was a great experience. Thanks again to all concerned.

Cheers

Ian Ross

Well i made it home safely :)

What a weekend , plenty of iron bashing , LOT'S of BEER ( yep , ever knocked back a " few " with Phil :) )

Many thanks to the blokes who banged out the stainless steel leaves i brought up , IanR , Mick , John / Jocko58 , Matt & the rest i can't remember names of

Also to MOONY for letting me bash out some stainless steel branches ( & Phil who helped with some & the hammer tips )

Once again MOONY for lettin' me " play " on the 7 ctw Massey on the 25 mm stainless ( bit of a overkill yeah )

I think every 1 had a fun time , 1 young smith ( John / Jocko58's son ) Darren aged 13 stole the limelite . Got his fist commission job , a pair of tongs from Eden , a 1 lb " MOONY " made hammer , then MOONY set too & pounded out a 25 kg anvil outta 4140 for him

Gonna need the rest of the week to recover from this , sleep wern't high on my list of things ta do ...... :)

Gotta start plannin' for next yr

Thanks MOONY for puttin' this on for us

Dale Russell

p.s ... sorry , no pictures , was too busy , but i know the others took a HEAP , hang 5 & they'll be posted soon

Glad to hear it was a good time, maybe one of these years....

And Dale, with your one wing in a sling, that only leaves one for beer, so the camera would have to be head mounted and triggered with your teeth, so we understand.

Now get some rest so you heal up....

Great to hear it went well. Was on my way down with trailer in tow and got hit by an idiot who ran a red light. Car was bent, trailer is a mess and my smithing and camping gear was scattered all over. Lost some tongs and a hammer and my blower is now a heap of sh*t/broken, lots of camping gear was never found and what is left is now in a panel beaters yard waiting for me to get back to pick it up. Got back home about 10pm on Saturday night :(

His excuse. He had driven down from QLD that night and was tired. Now it's my problem.

I feel better after that little rant.......................................

Rob , it's been a LOT worse then this , i'll live .

Mate , ifin youse need any gear replacin' let me know & i'll try help out ok
Is a bugger about your blower . Was talkin' ta some 1 over the weekend that said they had 3 blower & wern't usin' em anymore cos they went electic ... just gotta dig through the fog of the weekend to remember who ( know he was in NSW thou )

Pity he wern't insured , hope yours can / will replace at least some of your lost gear
Looked each time ta see ifin i's knew the head as each car / 4 x 4 / ute rocked up .
I wonder if MOONY would lend you the armoured scout car for next yr ... :)

Dale Russell

Ratel,

You need third party insurance not the property bit. My insurance will chase him but its a hassle I didn't want/need. Now just to get back there to pick up my stuff if it hasn't been nobbled out of the yard, it caused a lot of interest when dragged in. A friend has lent me their ute for Saturday so a quick trip is in order.

Dale,

The box bellows is underway already. Its something I can do in the evenings so shouldn't take too long. Might even see if I can set up a motor on it, now that would be a bit fancy :)

See ya