I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

By my reckoning,(ie counting the months on my fingers) we have only 3 and a 1/2 months to go till it's on at Moonies again, how good is that?

Phil , that long ... :( ... 3 1/2 weeks sounds better .

May " not " be usin' any of Glenn's hammers at all this yr . Shoulders not comin' on like it should be , maybe i'll just sit back & drink BEER instead , sounds like a plan to me anyway ... :)

Dale Russell

P.S . Still only had 10 rsvp's from IFI members so far for Get HAMMERED , come on , i'm sure theres more of youse out there lurkin' out their . Bang me a PM or e-mail chopperdale@hotkey.net.au to let me know your comin'

• 4 weeks later...

G'Day all ,
just bringin' this back ta the top .

Can every 1 who's comin' please PM / e-mail me as i've lost the list of names ( yeah i know , tis no hope for me )

Mite as well announce this now too . Looks like we've got our " international "
Jeremy K will be comin' ta this yrs Get HAMMERED too " if all goes well "

He'll be demoin' ow ta make his foldable corkscrew & givin' a forgeweldin' demo too ( maybe we can get him ta do some pattern welded stuff :) )

Remember it's October 29 , 30 , 31 @ Glenn Moon's place just outside Braidwood NSW

A $ 25.00 " donation " to help cover gennie / coke & the Saturday nite feed .

Bring your tent / swag or what ever youse is gonna sleep in

All other meals are up to you ( bring your bbq or use the fire that'll be runnin' all the time over the weekend )

Also bring any projects you wanna do " includin' steel / tools " ( will be some you can use if you don't ave everything you need )

Wont mention BEER cos youse are AUSSIE'S & that's a given u'll BYO

Dale Russell ( aka ) Lefty

No, acutally we are only inviting Australians, but if you think like the Americans in their "World series ball games (base ball,grid Iron etc) when they only mean the USA, then yes we are inviting the world.

I'm kidding Beth, we are inviting the world, and we mean the whole world, but they still gotta BYOG, no matter who they are.

Phil

G'Day all ,
just bringin' this back ta the top .

Can every 1 who's comin' please PM / e-mail me as i've lost the list of names ( yeah i know , tis no hope for me )

Mite as well announce this now too . Looks like we've got our " international "
Jeremy K will be comin' ta this yrs Get HAMMERED too " if all goes well "

He'll be demoin' ow ta make his foldable corkscrew & givin' a forgeweldin' demo too ( maybe we can get him ta do some pattern welded stuff :) )

Remember it's October 29 , 30 , 31 @ Glenn Moon's place just outside Braidwood NSW

A $ 25.00 " donation " to help cover gennie / coke & the Saturday nite feed .

Bring your tent / swag or what ever youse is gonna sleep in

All other meals are up to you ( bring your bbq or use the fire that'll be runnin' all the time over the weekend )

Also bring any projects you wanna do " includin' steel / tools " ( will be some you can use if you don't ave everything you need )

Wont mention BEER cos youse are AUSSIE'S & that's a given u'll BYO

Jeremy , not gonna hold you to the " Forge Welding Demo " . I should have asked you first . Sorry if i freaked you out when you seen it .

Having had a third party invitation to this I guess I should be asking if it's OK to come ? Planning on being in Sydney that weekend (all the way from the UK on my honeymoon :) ) and will hire a car to get down to the event for the day on the Saturday.
On honeymoon and the Good Lady says it would be a blast to go to a hammer-in for a day ... See why I'm marrying her ? :)

Having had a third party invitation to this I guess I should be asking if it's OK to come ? Planning on being in Sydney that weekend (all the way from the UK on my honeymoon :) ) and will hire a car to get down to the event for the day on the Saturday.
On honeymoon and the Good Lady says it would be a blast to go to a hammer-in for a day ... See why I'm marrying her ? :)

G'Day Longstrider , mate you & the Good Lady are more then welcome .

U'll ave ta leave Sydney early or all u'll see is a bunch of drunken smith's sitting around ( i know that's ow i'll be :) )

Mate , she's a keeper , Honeymoon hammer-in downunder , what better way ta start married life ... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dale so I am to unnerstand that we is to ave sum Shelias comin to the Hammered, even it seems some shelias from the old country. maaate we'll need to get a cage or a pen or sumpthin, I'm thinkin of the dunny budgies mate, we need somthing to contain them after we catch em, otherwise the shelias are gonna have a string of rag dolls with them dunny budgies flyen around. Even the human forklift keeps it bottled up all weekend, cause he's scared of the budgies.
Might have to get moonie to get better than the john wayne dunny paper too, you know the sort, its rough, its tough, and it takes no s__t from indian. The shelias won't like that sort of stuff. I lives with a sheila (1 big one and 2 little ones actually) and I knows Dale!
Oh wait on, does'nt Moonie have a guzzunda in one of the dongers? Maybe the sheilas can use that then. Whatta ya reckon?

Dale so I am to unnerstand that we is to ave sum Shelias comin to the Hammered, even it seems some shelias from the old country. maaate we'll need to get a cage or a pen or sumpthin, I'm thinkin of the dunny budgies mate, we need somthing to contain them after we catch em, otherwise the shelias are gonna have a string of rag dolls with them dunny budgies flyen around. Even the human forklift keeps it bottled up all weekend, cause he's scared of the budgies.
Might have to get moonie to get better than the john wayne dunny paper too, you know the sort, its rough, its tough, and it takes no s__t from indian. The shelias won't like that sort of stuff. I lives with a sheila (1 big one and 2 little ones actually) and I knows Dale!
Oh wait on, does'nt Moonie have a guzzunda in one of the dongers? Maybe the sheilas can use that then. Whatta ya reckon?

Phil , i was goin' to talk to Glenn about " cleaning up " the Atco toilet shed for the " shelias " mate . Maybe you could ask him for me , have other things i need to sort out at the moment

Dale Russell

The RAGE is building MR HATE with soon show his true colours

Dale, by 'Atco' dunny do you mean the 'long drop' with the nice view?? I like the nice view! Just gotta remember to close ya knees when someone walks around the corner ;)
AndrewOC

No Andrew , the sheds to the left of MOONY'S BIG shed 1 of em has dunny / shower in it .
Just needs " tidyin' " up for the shelias ta use

Dale Russell ( aka ) Mr HATE

I can do that for you Dale my son. Will ring Mr Moon tomorrow on the dog n bone and have meaningful dialogue with him.

Phil

Phil ... " I can do that for you Dale my son " , strewth mate i've got at " least " 5 yrs on you :)

" Will ring Mr Moon tomorrow on the dog n bone and have meaningful dialogue with him." What are you smokin' mate ( & can i ave some ? ) :) Meaningful dialogue & MOONY in the same sentance ... LOL

Tar bloke , i'll try get my act together in next week or so get this thing happening

Dale Russell

P.S .. if i don't laugh i'll cry

Phil ... " I can do that for you Dale my son " , strewth mate i've got at " least " 5 yrs on you :)

" Will ring Mr Moon tomorrow on the dog n bone and have meaningful dialogue with him." What are you smokin' mate ( & can i ave some ? ) :) Meaningful dialogue & MOONY in the same sentance ... LOL

Tar bloke , i'll try get my act together in next week or so get this thing happening

Dale Russell

P.S .. if i don't laugh i'll cry

hey Brother
If you need,or want to, step back and let one of us do some of the work, unless you want to keep busy, to help keep you on an even keel. It's your call what ever you decide we'll respect and support you in that.

Phil

Phil , Sue & i are takin' off for a couple of day's , ifin youse could plug Get HAMMERED , answer any qusetions till we get back i'd be thankful

Dale Russell

P.S . Tell the human forklift i said he was a girl if he's scared of a " couple " of dunny budgies ... :)

P.S.S . for got my tech school physic's lessons . E = Mc2

Fist ( on bung side ) Inta steel building post ( cop station ) = LOT'S of pain in shoulder .. :(
U'd ave figured after i'd done it once i'd know better , but no , had ta do it a second time .
Cop with me said he was glad it was the post i hit & not him

Hey Ian, I already told him that. So now I'm chief B&B finder! lol.

Dale, I guess we officially have 2 more for supper on Saturday. B) I'll send you a PM as requested for your catering.

Is there anywhere in Braidwood you blokes have stayed at before and can recommend.
I found one place called the "Braidwood Mill" , http://www.braidwoodmill.com.au/facilities.html
that looks good, sleeps a fair few people and costs about $850 for a three day weekend. Could prob talk them down a little bit.
If there is nothing else around.
And anyone is interested in sharing this joint for the "Get Hammered" weekend, post a reply. There are four rooms and roll out beds too, so can sleep enough to make it prob $150 each for the weekend (out of the cold and weather). If we get enough interest then I'll make enq's to book it.

Adam

" Is there anywhere in Braidwood you blokes have stayed at before and can recommend.
I found one place called the "Braidwood Mill" , http://www.braidwood...facilities.html
that looks good, sleeps a fair few people and costs about $850 for a three day weekend. Could prob talk them down a little bit.
If there is nothing else around.
And anyone is interested in sharing this joint for the "Get Hammered" weekend, post a reply. There are four rooms and roll out beds too, so can sleep enough to make it prob $150 each for the weekend (out of the cold and weather). If we get enough interest then I'll make enq's to book it.

Adam "

Adam, the idea of Get HAMMERED is ta tuff it a little ( yeah i know me makin' a shower rig ain't realy ruffin' it )

Last yr there where blokes dossin' it in the back of utes / station wagons / van's / in tents / trailer's / Atco sheds

Why lay out all that $ when u'll likely just ta find a warm spot by the fire & pass out anyway
Braidwood is 11 km's from MOONY'S place , so that'll mean drivin' back inta town after haviin' a tinnie or 10 , the cop's will love you .
I've set me ute up ta crash in the back of that , know Phil will be doin' the same . Longstrider ( on his honeymoon ) will be crashin' in the hire car theys gettin' .
But it's realy up to you where you sleep mate

Dale Russell

Hotels?!!! Bed and Breakfasts!!! Eh? I thought Aussies were the rufty tufty outdoorsy types?
A proper shower? An outdoor dunny WITHOUT the budgies? Witchcraft I tell you!! It's not natural!

Man, what I'd give for a chance to be out in the outback again.... city life sucks, but it's a necessary evil right now. Hope everyone has a blast :D

I'm worried Moonys will be come all niminy piminy namby pamby, all shot in soft focus, look I got an A in needle work mummy (credit to the goodies belly bootton sundey episode). Showers rooms beds what is the world comming to? Have to get the new ute sign written by then and set up for camping. Hey I wonder if I could sleep inside Moonys out of use furnace, (done it before at work when I was younger, come into work early sloshed, broke into the shop, went to sleep in one of the unused furnaces, thats where they found me at clock on time,that morning, makes me all teary eyed with nostagia). We will have to have a bag of concrete there for any one that needs to eat a handfull and harden up.

Phil

I'm worried Moonys will be come all niminy piminy namby pamby, all shot in soft focus, look I got an A in needle work mummy (credit to the goodies belly bootton sundey episode). Showers rooms beds what is the world comming to? Have to get the new ute sign written by then and set up for camping. Hey I wonder if I could sleep inside Moonys out of use furnace, (done it before at work when I was younger, come into work early sloshed, broke into the shop, went to sleep in one of the unused furnaces, thats where they found me at clock on time,that morning, makes me all teary eyed with nostagia). We will have to have a bag of concrete there for any one that needs to eat a handfull and harden up.

Phil

Phil , still tryin' ta get Bully ta come along , know he's got a case of can's marked " Harden Up " Maybe i can get him ta bring em along & hand em out ta those who need it ... :)

Adam , mate sorry , didn't mean ( :) ) ta hang it on youse bloke , tis just the last 2 yrs we's been " ruffin' " it at MOONY'S , wouldn't feel the same ifin i's stayed in a " posh " dosshouse .

Bloke , ifin that what youse is wantin' ta do , just wont be the same as us wakin' up at 6.00 am , crackin' a tinnie while breaky's cookin'

Dale Russell