I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

I was just wondering if some one could advise us of the final number of attendees at get hammered? cheers John.

G'Day John ,
the sign in book said 39 , althou there was a couple of local blow-in's that didn't sign the book ( that excludes MOONY & family )

Dale Russell

Thanks Dale, how did that compare with the previous years? :) cheers John

John , first yr was 3 IFI AUSSIE members & 1 international IFI member

Second yr 8 IFI AUSSIE members & 1 international IFI member

This yr was 26 IFI AUSSIE members & 3 international IFI members

With limited numbers for next yr i'm hopin' for 40 AUSSIE IFI members , but we'll see when the time comes

Dale Russell

I seem to recall that on the first hammered that while I was standing on the top of Moonies 7cwt hammer while it was slung up on the crane 5 feet in the air with a beer in my hand at 1.30 in the morning I had a birds eye view of the whole thing and there was at least 15 people there all told, but only some of them were IFI members (i was not one at that time). That said there seems to be more people every year.

• 3 months later...

Is it too early to start the count down yet guys, oh yeh women are most welcome to attend Hammered, just in case they are feeling left out. That was not intended, just the way it happened.

Start the countdown someone.

Phil

post-5537-0-07675300-1299155690_thumb.jp

G'Day all , FYI , still in discussion with MOONY about this . At the moment it's a " maybe " .
Would need ta know some sort of numbers of those interested in comin' .
Numbers will be limited to 40 , so bang me a e-mail ( chopperdale@hotkey,net.au ) or PM me via site to get your name on the pre-list
Another thing , price will be goin' up , can't get you it now till we ave idea of numbers interested in comin' ( but most likely about the price of 2 slabs )

Dale Russell

G'Day all ,

Ok , thats 8 that i know of ( includin' meself )

Get youse name in either by PM or e-mail ta me ta get on the list

Limited numbers this yr so get in early

Date i've come up with is October 28 th , 29 th , 30 th ( fri , sat , sun )

Dale Russell

Have you lost your list again bloke???

If it's on, I'm there! If it's not, I'll maybe just show up & have fun with Moony anyway! :lol:

I'm also pretty sure Andrew OC was a definite again too.
Ian Lowe was saying that he'd love to come if he can find the dosh, but I expect you've spoken to him more recently than I.
I'll keep mentioning it at ABAQ meets. There's been some interest, but no firm yes from anyone yet.

Phil, as John asked - any more plans for a hammer-in at your place?

G'day Dale, I completely understand however, as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

I think we need just one page where members can post their names to attend "Get Hammered" only (attendance sheet), that way everyone knows who is going & how many thus no confusion, what you think mate? cheers John.

G'day Dale, I completely understand however, as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

I think we need just one page where members can post their names to attend "Get Hammered" only (attendance sheet), that way everyone knows who is going & how many thus no confusion, what you think mate? cheers John.

John , hence why i asked every 1 to either PM or e-mail me , that way i can keep track of every 1 better instead of havin' ta scroll around thread / postin' numbers / addin' more ta list from my last " number post " so i ave an idea who's comin' .

I realy shoulda started another thread for this yr , but Phil / Forgemaster kicked this off here so i just ran with it ( all your fault Phil .. :) )

" G'day Dale, I completely understand however, as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink! "
Mate , i hope you reminded your crew it's a limited number jig ( 40 ) & we had 39 signin's last yr

Ok ta those comin' ( & thinkin' of comin' ) The last 3 yrs of Get HAMMERED a meal was supplied on the Saturday nite . This has been included in your cost ta come , need your input about weither or not to continue with the feed or dump it , if kept , maybe a change in food ( BIG BBQ / spit / your ideas ? ) Droppin' the feed will reduce cost , but will take away that get together sit down scoff fest most of us ave come ta enjoy so much . :)
Also if we's gonna ave the feed , need some of youse ta put youse hand up ta help get stuff ready ( it's that or be asked on the day ta help )

It was also pointed out ta me at the other smithin' event MOONY holds on his property that Get HAMMERED is not Women " friendly " more like a boy's weekend away . So if you want ta bring your wife / girlfriend ( or both .. ;) ) please do . Know of 1 female card carryin' smith who will be there this yr , more " women " would be nice ( & not just ta ave around ta clean up after us blokes )

Dale Russell

Oi Dale you are sailing close to the wind here bud, with your quote of "having women to clean up after us" and also seeing as it's international womens day today as well. Bad Boy Dale.

sorry for kicking this thread along again too, but I was getting bored.

Phil , " Bad Boy Dale. " Yep that sounds like me ... ;)
" more " women " would be nice ( & not just ta ave around ta clean up after us blokes ) " Mate , wern't degradin' the shelias , ment if they come ain't ment ta be runnin' around " after us "
No wuckers bloke , i probably woulda just started in here again anyway ... :)

Ok , spoke with MOONY , he & the tribe are crook as dogs , been bed bound for the last 3 days with a head / chest thing .

That " 40 " ain't set in stone , if we get 45 - 50 it'll be ok .

But what we do need is your input on the saturday nite feed . Do we keep it as is , change it ta a BIG BBQ or drop it completely ?
Keepin' it as is will put costs ta around approx value of 2 slabs , a bbq i'll ave ta do some costin' on , mite be less , ain't sure .
Droppin' it will reduce the price , but then the sit down feed which has been a part of the whole set-up will go & i for 1 would miss it .
So it's up to you blokes ta tell us what u'd like ta do .

If we go the feed route gonna need a couple of youse ta put youse hand up ta help get tucker ect ready

PM or e-mail me with any ideas youse ave ok

Dale Russell

G'day Dale, on the subject of food for "Get Hammered" I'm fine with what is decided, However with the usual "Hangi" that you've had in the past require a lot of time to set up, cook & try to judge when it will be ready. Maybe a B.B.Q. or spit would require less time & effort.

What do others suggest?

cheers John.

G'Day All .

John , yeah the hungi is nice , but as you said takes a lot of prep time , cook time , pack up .

Will look inta today sometime the approx price on enough chops / snags / hamburgers to feed 40 + ppl ( bread , salared stuff can be sourced localy )

" Scored " 2 gas bbq's , a 3 burner with grill plates & a 4 burner with flat plates .
With the 2 bbq's i just " scored " & the other 3 burner flat plate bbq i ave up at MOONY'S it should be enough ta cook up a feed fast for every 1.

My idea bein' that we could use those too for cookin' our other meals on " providing every 1 cleans up after they's cooked " ( this'll save youse all haulin' up cookin' gear & makin' room for more BEER in youse vehical ) ... :)

Speek up ifin any of youse ave another idea ......... PLEASE !

Am gonna look inta seein' if 1 of our local smithin' supply co's would like ta offer up somethin' for us ta raffle as well ( just thinkin' out loud here as some 1 else may ave'a better idea )

John , thanks for bein' the first ta bung youse hand up mate , i'll ave'a " coldie " ready for youse when youse get ta Glenn's ... ;)

Still need ta know who's interested in comin' blokes / shelias , & youse ideas on which way ta go about the feed saturday nite
Remember , it's " your " Get HAMMERED too

Dale Russell