I Forge Iron

A BIG croc - pic heavy

Thanks Ben. She's not a Sheltie, but I think she would get along well with yours. Mine is a Collie Rough. They used to call them Scotch Collies. Anyway, just like the one(s) that played Lassie in the movies.

I'll find a better pic for the Blacksmith Pets section.

• 1 month later...

Here's the croc after a coat of Rustmasters. It has darkened it a bit, but the overall result is OK. Now we have to lift it onto a trailer for a trip to the show early next month.

croc extrol 2.JPG

croc extrol1.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just an update on Stanley. He certainly got some attention at the local Show, but it was quite an effort getting him into the showroom. Fortunately I could back the trailer up to the doorway and there were some burly looking banana growers nearby exhibiting their crop, only too willing to lend a hand.  Stanley must have impressed the judges, and I'm pleased to say he won Champion Of Champions:

show 1.JPG

show 2 (2).JPG

Thank you. I didn't put it in with the intention of winning - just to show it. However, it's nice to have a win and the prizemoney will replenish the welding rods,  mig wire and argomix which Stanley gobbled up in the construction.

Now the question I have been asked a few times … what will next year's show sculpture be?

I know why you asked that, Mr Brasso. By way of explanation: Brasso is a workmate of mine and he has a sense of humour. This is the man who had the anvil balanced over Roadrunner's head in a previous post.

Stanley the croc, now resides near my forge at the Historic Village where we work. This is Brasso's latest little trick:

croc and chook.JPG

• 2 months later...