I Forge Iron

What happened to this anvil?

Reminds me of the joke about the game warden who went fishing with an old guy.

The guy lights a half stick of dynamite & throws it in the water. The game warden says hey don't you know I'm a game warden. The old guy lights another half stick, hands it to the game warden and says you gonna talk or fish.

Citizens of I.F.I.,

Respectfully,  you are all incorrect.

The Honorable Idiot Savants, of SLAG industries have intensively examined the specimen and have determined that it is a gigantic meteorite.

Indeed, it is a meteorite, a stony-iron pallasite. That is a very rare find.

Remarkably, it does not have any orange green olivine crystal inclusions in its iron-nickel matrix.

Mr. Glen your hail damage theory was an excellent guess but did not hit the bullseye. The hit was situate a little left of center. 

Take a closer look and you will just make out some of the arrow's fletching, there.

The SLAG strongly suggests that this magnificent specimen be carefully shipped to the geology department at Marshall U,  or the Kalbfleish School of fine arts in Huntington W. Va. for further study.

Regards to all,

SLAG.

Mister Dragon please do not ship dynamite in the mail. There are city ordinances forbidding that.