Pr3ssure

Members
  • Content Count

    396
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Pr3ssure

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    www.facebook.com/conaway93

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Blacksville, WV

Recent Profile Visitors

1,871 profile views
  1. Got most of the Atlas 618 painted and put together. Just need to paint the part that the motor and motor pulley mounts on.
  2. I figure my uncle knows how to sharpen them. I've watched some videos on it so I have the idea. I'll need to get a good plate with some angle reference on it.
  3. I met my dad today and he brought me in a nice haul of goods. This cast iron belt/disc sander frame. Ended up paying $25 instead of the $50 asking price. Some oil cans. drill index full of bits, most look un used. All the paper packs have drill bits in them. Some look like they may be for a mill. All new. Cigar box will be nice for organizing. 3 combination squares, big clamp, tap wrench, Swedish needle file set. Clamp is drop forged USA made. Don't remember what brand was. It's heavy duty though. blower, might be a nice replacement on my coal forge, maybe not. Some files and a screw driver or two. A nice looking bench grinder. there are two boards, resin/epoxy with some kind of fiber in it. Not sure exactly what it is though. Sorry for such a big post, it's stuff my dads been getting for a few months for me. If needed feel free to turn into its own post. Didn't think about that at first.
  4. I like that your vise is mounted to a 55 gallon drum. I'd say that's a good excuse to always have some scrap. "If it wasn't full of metal it would fall over!"
  5. I've always had a fascination with taking things apart and putting them back together. I'm not sure why.
  6. If it stops working and I ask when I should change it, my brain may be the one not working. The only reason I even asked is because it was a pain to do the first time, wasn't sure if it would have anything bad in it so I took it away from my yard.
  7. Yeah, I didn't think about that the first time I took them out. I got them all the way in and they looked a little wonky. I felt stupid to think they didn't have a specific order. How so you like my home made chuck key? Used a bolt and some rebar.
  8. I didn't think of it throwing the grease out. I got it all put back together, it's moving super smooth now.
  9. The part that holds the metal.it comes apart, it's from an atlas 618 so it's old. They might not make them like this anymore.
  10. So in the process of restoring my lathe I got the chuck completely apart. Should I just fill it with the oil I'm supposed to use to lube it or should I put some grease in before I seal it all up?
  11. Alright, I've only done small parts so far. I changed it in between two of them, the rebar was fine though. I've gotta get the paint off the rest to do the big stuff.
  12. When should I change the water after electrolysis rust removal? Not sure if it will eventually stop removing rust or what. Should I just add more wash powder and that would be good or should I switch the water completely after a day or so?
  13. Yeah, they were originally old rusty rebar. With all the time i spent cleaning them up I`ll probably just go buy a 20 foot piece of rebar and cut it to lengths and put them up where they wont rust. it was a huge pain since they have that texture. i may eventually just get some square stock mild steel and that would be easy to clean with a flap disc. I`m loving it though, its working beautifully. The lathe will be good as new in no time now.
  14. I got mine on amazon if that's available in Argentina. Like $22. Search butcher block brush, the brand is Winco, it's really nice
  15. Finished setting up my electolysis setup a bit ago. Having some coffee and a cinnamon roll while I wait. I think I made a pretty nice setup. Ive got some .175" thick copper cable, solid, I ran it around the tote and back in around rebar. Boy was it hard to bend after a few bends. Work hardening is real folks! There is one piece of rebar in each corner, I then tied the rebar to the thick copper with some actual copper wire. (I've got a lot of copper in a lot of shapes in sizes.) I changed out the wood for a plastic pipe and put a bolt through it. I also put put tape around all the exposed copper wire except where I attach the battery charger I had to turn baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in soda ash/washing powder (sodium carbonate) via my oven. Since I forgot to see if they had any when I was at the dollar general.