I Forge Iron

What's in your pockets

markb

I emptied my pockets last night,...

Pocket knife always since high school
Foam ear plugs always
short screw driver bits assortment
Money clip, no change

Never anything on my belt, Been wearing tool bags too long.

How about you?

Pocket knife, short piece of round soapstone, short piece of flat soapstone, short piece of chalk, Sharpie black marker, stubby pencil.... and last but not least..... a length of the infamous baling twine.

Back pocket has a couple of paper shop towels at the ready.

2 pocket knives, 2 jump drives, a 1 dollar coin, a leatherman with tool kit, a cell phone, a wad of keys(including a bottle opener), a pair of nail clippers, tweezerz, small soapstone, 2 small flashlights, a sharpee, a red pen, a black pen, a silver pencil, a white charcoal pencil, writing paper, Buisness cards, a chip of damascus, a knife sharpener, my ID cash and cards......... I think I need to lighten my load..

pants pockets
2 single blade slipjoints made by me, keys, foam earplugs, handkerchief, sawdust, belt, zippo lighter, fixed blade made by me, swisstool, schrade tough tool, camillus sailor's knife, buckle big and heavy enough to brain a horse

shirt pocket
cross pen/pencil set (always upsetting as my 0.9 mm pencil has a worn out clip and no longer stays in the pocket and I can't find them anymore )

ron

Shirt pocket, pack of cigarettes, bic lighter.

Left bib pocket, wallet, soapstone holder.

Right bib pocket, ball point, short mechanical pencil, small flashlight, cell phone.

Left front pocket, nail clippers, 6 ft tape measure, ring of keys (ones I don't use often), folding screw driver with 6 bits,torch tip cleaners.

Right front pocket, small folding diamond stone, pocket knife, coin purse, master key ring, sheetmetal thickness gauge, 4 inch brass veneir caliper, Suburban keys.

Match pocket, mini van keys, S10 keys.

Plier pocket, slip joint pliers, straight screwdriver, 6 inch crescent wrench, 5WR vice grips.

Left back pocket, check book(s).

Right back pocket, red handkerchief.

When I was working in the shop, I had a torch striker hanging from left hammer loop and a 16 or 20 ft 3/4 wide tape measure hanging off right front pocket, and a grease rag stuck in one of the back pockets. and a pair of ear plugs down around my neck.

First wife and my kids weighed what I wear along with my size 14 high top, logger heel Steel toed boots and came up with 24 lbs.

When I am dressed up, non work clothes or a suit coat, I have a 4 inch pair of slip joint pliers, 4 inch crescent, 4WR vice grips and a 2 in 1 screwdriver in my pocket, Dress tool set sort of.

Edited by irnsrgn

wallet, two fixxed blade kifes, husky mini-multitool, small "oldtimer" pocketknife- well loved (gift from dad when i was nine), frost cutlery lockback knife, red G2 pilot, black hevy singing pen, ozarktrails multitool, soapstone dust(about a teaspoon), a bit of soap stone, small wetstone, and a scrap of paper that has "in-234.676" scribbled on it.

Irnsrgn, your a man after my own heart! I always have my 5wr vise grips on me. I have two sets, one for daily use (back side marred from being used as an impromptu hammer many times) The second set is newer and has been used as a hammer much less, it also has the new added "feature" on the thumb screw of a hex key hole (haven't found a good use for this "feature" yet?

It is not uncommon to be sitting in church and someone comes and asks to borrow my vice grips. I used to carry screw drivers but my pockets just didn't hold up... That is why on my key ring is a 4way screw driver and my infamous P38 can opener, between those two I have removed or installed many a screw phillip or standard.

When I had my motorcycle wreck the nurse cut my jeans off of me and as she picked up the sliced jeans they fell out of her hand cause she wasn't expecting them to weigh so much.

It is a good thing I am limited to pockets and belt loops... if guys used purses I'd have an entire tool bag and probably some emergency rations as well!

Pocketknife, receipt for a cherry Coke and sack of charcoal, mobile phone, #2/HB pencil, wallet, handkerchiefs (2), key chain with 7 keys (1 to a bike lock stolen complete with bike over a month ago) a braided paracord thing, an LED light and a cheap karabina.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see, my pockets... Cell phone, STNA identification badge, STNA license, wallet, keys (I am wearing scrubs, no back pocket :( ), $1, paper that had the vitals of my patients on it from last night, silver metallic sharpie, dark blue sharpie.... it's a wonder my scrubs don't fall down around my ankles.

Don't leave home without - change (maybe), wallet, Old Timer 340T, watch, chapstick, several short pieces of soapstone, 10' pocket tape (the last one cost me more than a 25' regular tape), preconditioned (dirty) earplugs, ink pen, checkbook and for most of the year, a bandana/sweatrag.

left pants pocket, change, Officers swiss army ( tweezers, scissors ) brass pocket caliper and a few keys on rings ( sometimes a spare mig tip or 2 and perhaps a few nuts or bolts ). Right, truck keys, Buck knife and a barbed hose end air sprayer. Top left overalls, smokes and Zippo. Right top, chalk, pen(s), sharpie and some biz cards/scrap paper. Pliers in pliers pocket. Pocket watch in watch pocket ( top ). Billfold and checkbook in rear. Cell in teeshirt pocket.

Change, Cash (not enough), folded up post-it notes with reminders on them, main keychain (with my very first successful forge weld as a key fob), shop keychain, folding/lockback box cutter utility knife (pocketknife),wallet, my last two pay stubs, receipts from menards and lowes for patio building materials, checkbook, spiral bound notebook (for reminders that are longer than a folded up post-it note), receipt from wal-mart, cell phone.... i really need to clean out my pants pockets too....

-Aaron @ the SCF

• 2 weeks later...

left pocket: Frost cutlery loc-back, VB swiss friction folder, lense cloth, old timer knife, combe.
Right pocket: two wrench knifes seven magnets, five pens, empty keychain.

Back pocket- right: wallet.
Back pocket- left: soapstone bitlets, soapstone dust, filings, scale, rust.

apron pockets soapstone holder and sharpie.
shirt pocket smokes
right front pants pocket car keys, lighter, about 50 cents in loose change, lint and cigar cutter
left front pants pocket cell phone, another lighter, shop keys, leatherman
right rear pants pocket wallet with cobwebs
left rear pants pocket receipts, flat and phillips head screw drivers
right leg pocket ( I wear painters jeans) vice grips and a short pair of tongs
hammer loop has my brass hammer

• 4 weeks later...
Shirt pocket, pack of cigarettes, bic lighter.

Left bib pocket, wallet, soapstone holder.

Right bib pocket, ball point, short mechanical pencil, small flashlight, cell phone.

Left front pocket, nail clippers, 6 ft tape measure, ring of keys (ones I don't use often), folding screw driver with 6 bits,torch tip cleaners.

Right front pocket, small folding diamond stone, pocket knife, coin purse, master key ring, sheetmetal thickness gauge, 4 inch brass veneir caliper, Suburban keys.

Match pocket, mini van keys, S10 keys.

Plier pocket, slip joint pliers, straight screwdriver, 6 inch crescent wrench, 5WR vice grips.

Left back pocket, check book(s).

Right back pocket, red handkerchief.

When I was working in the shop, I had a torch striker hanging from left hammer loop and a 16 or 20 ft 3/4 wide tape measure hanging off right front pocket, and a grease rag stuck in one of the back pockets. and a pair of ear plugs down around my neck.

First wife and my kids weighed what I wear along with my size 14 high top, logger heel Steel toed boots and came up with 24 lbs.

When I am dressed up, non work clothes or a suit coat, I have a 4 inch pair of slip joint pliers, 4 inch crescent, 4WR vice grips and a 2 in 1 screwdriver in my pocket, Dress tool set sort of.

Irn,you are walking around with more stuff than I own TOTAL:o Dan.;)