I Forge Iron

Horrible anvil joke

JHCC

She felt like having Chinese and swallowed an ASO. An hour later she was hungry again and swallowed an anvil?

Go ahead John, tell the youngun Steve's an old meany, it helps toughen em up. Report my version too please. Few things are as much fun as inventing corny jokes with little kids. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

OK, so these two fellows were walking along and they came upon a hole in the ground.  Next to the hole was a large anvil.  for reasons unknown they decided to push the anvil into the hole.  while waiting to hear it hit the bottom, they heard instead, coming from behind,  approaching hoof beats.  They looked up just in time to see a goat charging them and they just managed to step aside as  goat ran past them and into the hole.   they stood there perplexed.  soon there after, a farmer came to them and asked if they might have seen his goat.  They told him that they were attacked by a goat that then jumped down that hole.  The farmer said That's impossible.  I had her tied to an anvil.  

Reminds me of a piano player I knew who was giving a concert and his page turner failed to come. He found someone who did not read music. He told him, don't worry, I nod when you need to turn the page. 

Unfortunately he nodded all the time in the heat of the performance and I was watching in horror how he struggled to turn the page back, time and time again. :)

Not a joke really but funny. I was demoing in the mid 90's and a teacher asked if she could bring her elementary school class for a quick "lesson(?)" about blacksmithing. Of course I said, give me a couple minutes to set up some markers so they don't get too close if you want me to do a little smithing for them. The lady was delighted and in a little while I had about 20, 2nd. graders lined up making an effort to be good. 

I said hi and asked if anyone knew what a blacksmith did. No raised hands. I asked if anyone knew what this was and put my hand on the anvil. Better than half raised their hands I called on one about the middle of the group and he said enthusiastically, "Coyote killer!"

What could I say, we had a good laugh and I gave them a run down about blacksmithing and did NOT stint on how useful an anvil is for other things now most of the coyotes have been flattened. They were really wowed  when I twisted a piece of 3/8 sq. I LOVE kids in the forge, keeping them safe is the hardest part. I wish I'd known how to forge animal heads I would've made them a "coyote".

Frosty The Lucky.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:04 PM, Steve Sells said:

do NOT tell a 6 yr old that I said that

Steve,  I honestly think that should be your signature line!

That reminds me of this company's monument sign that has the removable type part.

They wrote:

"Family owned business

You shut up! No you shut up."