I Forge Iron

My shop with smithy in it was big enough
My shop with the woodworking corner and smithy was big enough.
My shop with the leather working corner, wood working corner and smithy was big emough.

Now my friends want to add some armoring equipment and put in an electric stove.

It's getting a bit tight in there.

nope none of my shops are big enuf ive got a 15x15 building at the museum (too small not enuf display space). ive got a shop at home with a 12x12 building and a 10 ft awning attached and stuff all over in the open...and my portable shop is in my 18 ft inclosed trailer (home made) .the only one that is big enuf is the portable ...mostly cause anything bigger is to much to setup(18 ft sq marquee tent ) ... but i am a firm believer in you expand to fit any shop space you setup...

no way my shop is tiny, i have roughly 2 feet by 8 feet of free space and everything else is ttols anvils drill press and grinder table workbenches forges etc. etc. kiln clay spinning wheel thingy (my grandmas) all stuffed in between my house and water tank.

Had an outdoor only setup... got wet...

Built a 6x8 shed... too small...

Moved and built a 10x12 shop... okay... but still too small...

Now have 20x24 shop... with 6x8 glass room in corner....

Designed it to take everything I thought I might need for a 1 man operation.... but..... putting in those items is definitely shrinking the space.... still, should keep me satisfied for many years... (I HOPE!)

I don't have a shop, I have a 30'x 30' toolbox!

LOL, Teejay. Thats about what I have. Its a one car garage full of tools, machines and metal that cover any flat surface that might be a work top. I have to "go outside to change my mind." :D

I'm thinking mine will be large enough 32' x 70'. Converted from a church built in 1956, burned down once under suspicious circumstances. Should have it complete by mid August. It'll take a few months to fill this one up. Last one was 10' x 12'.