I Forge Iron

Ticks and Lyme Disease

Glenn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyme disease is nasty.  About 6-7 years ago one of them bit my mom on top of her foot and left that ring.  I assumed she got it out at the farm and never could understand why it never got me.  I did a lot of thrashing around in the weeds and sticks and pulled quite a few off myself.

I've lived here going on 50 years and the only fleas or ticks we see come in with tourist's dogs and such. Hopefully fuel prices will come down enough Deb and I will be able to do some snow birding in the RV. I'm going to have to be really vigilant about fleas and ticks, I'm so out of practice I might not notice until after I have a bug.

Be sure to write down the time and place when you use the tape trick, Scott. You want to be a good tick talk tape recorder. Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 year later...

The utility company I retired from had workers in Arkansas, in an area that had a large tick problem, the employees placed tic/flea collars for dogs on their boots for prevention. It worked very good.

12 hours ago, Les L said:

tic/flea collars for dogs on their boots for prevention. It worked very good.

I don't know about that, they don't work for our dogs. We use Frontline plus on the big dog and Simparica on the little guy, both Vet recommended. This year I messed up and didn't treat my clothing with Sawyer insect repellent, one tick bite and about a dozen chigger bites reminded me to treat them. I was going by what the directions said it lasts through 6 washings, don't believe that.:angry:

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails.