I Forge Iron

What have you got lurking in your backyard?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't miss seeing those little darlings! We used to live in Goldthwaite, TX in the geographacal center of TX, and that is a regular sight. Them and copperheads. I have only seen (& killed) about 5 copperheads and 1 pigmy rattler in the 31 years we have been in East Texas! And it don't bother me none! That is some lady ya got there to handle one even if it is dead!

old saying goes, if you catch a snake in the yard and burn it outhers will stay away-i personaly relieve then of the rest of their days but it may be worth a shot.but i grew up on a ranch in west texas and i am "kinda" used to them being around. be weary though always assume they are poisionus, and mad. stay safe,jimmy

About noon the wife wanted a photo of the cute cat sitting on the log. If you look just above the cat, in the woods line, you can see what I did not see at first.

Thats nuttin new to me ! At my Grandpa`s house we`ve seen as many as 20+ Deer at one time!!!!!! There is always a deer in the garden or field or yard or somehwhere

20+ deer. Is that all?

I can hit that many with my truck in one evening, if'n I want to. :D

The new state motto here should be "Deer Heaven, West Virginia" instead of "Almost Heaven".

If I'm out in my shop after dark, they walk up and see what I'm doing in there.

And I live IN town.

-aaron c.

• 1 month later...

Did you BBQ that rattler? Looked like a good one!

We have a king snake of goodly size outside the house but have not seen a rattler yet---the house between us and the arroyo has a dog that likes to kill rattlers and so may be filtering them out for us.

I do see some whopping big ones squashed on the road sometimes and will stop and harvest the rattles when possible.

I'd put a snake door on my shop if the kingsnake would work on the rodent population!

No, we didn't BBQ the rattler. I figured the buzzards need to eat too. I am not saying that I wouldn't. I will save that for when the cows and chickens are gone. Just not hungry enough to want to. Lately we have been hearing turkeys in the early morning.
Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chuck:

I like your yard art, reminds me of another friend's sculptures.

If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location you may find playmates close enough to visit, heck I might be one of them. :o Of course that'd put you here in the great white north but that's okay, we're friendly.

Ed. Dooood!

Your cat is really running a temperature!

Frosty