I Forge Iron

Identify This Shop

These two pictures are likely not the same shop, however I have seen a number of pictures that look like the same shop.
Anyway I really love the shop, and how it is constructed and set up. Can anyone identify who it belongs to? If so I would love to see more pictures!

Thanks, Caintuck

image.thumb.jpeg.5d234183a91b7e845c675ea14736b84e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3edaed069545f2224ff6e30ff68e21b.jpeg

Greetings , 

That would be mine.. I posted pictures a while ago under my line shaft shop but they are lost with many others. TP the shop with the sign Iron Work is another building.  I will try to post a few pictures. 

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jimimage.thumb.jpeg.cfc3352581048cc496344aa

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well Jim, I have to say there is a few things I really don't like about your shop.... 'white conduit and white saddles' :D:D:D but I believe jealousy makes you nasty! 

That really is a stunning looking shop. Do you actually work in it? It has the look of a 'better than museum ' quality about it.

If it were mine I'd have to perpetually suck lemons just to keep the silly grin off my face. 

Beautiful shop Jim...Me being an old tractor and engine guy, I have to ask.....what powers your line shaft?  It might show in the pics but for some reason I can not enlarge them enough to tell....If I ever get to do the " Big Mac" tractor drive crossing.....expect a call from me for a visit. Your kinda on the way...Thanks                    Dave 

41 minutes ago, Dave51B said:

If I ever get to do the " Big Mac" tractor drive crossing....

Dave I just saw the 2015 "Big Mac" drive on Classic Tractor Fever the other night, that is a great, I've added it to my bucket list to see, too far to haul a tractor for me.  Will keep Jim's shop in mind if I do. 

Greetings all, 

My original intent was to drive the line shaft shop with a steam engine. I quickly learned that folks don't want to sit around and wait to get a head of steam up.  I can drive all 3 main shafts with an 5 hp electric motor through a multi speed gear box or a John Deere LUC gas engine or off a PTO of the tractors. I posted my other blacksmith shops on the show me your shop thread .. The line shaft shop is mostly show and tell . Lots of fun.. A few IFI members have visited my shops and had a blast..   In the winter I live in a town about 25 miles away and close down the shops. I have a small shop close in town where I can forge and fabricate fun stuff.!

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

image.jpeg

I love when people go with the "rustic" historic look in their shop. my dream shop.

Littleblacksmith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Someone somewhere said something very appropriate here, "know your limitations."

I don't think anyone appreciates the beauty of your shop and work more than me.  But I can't imagine working under those circumstances.  I used to believe I was a slob but years of thinking about it have helped me understand the clutter.  It's about the creative process.  If getting from point A to B in the shop takes creativity then the process is in play, mind is ready to make something out of nothing.

That said, I love your work and place.