I Forge Iron

I committed the forbidden sale

Crazy Ivan

Alright, so I didn't make it too far this time around. Here's what I have been up to: I got all of my money stolen and had to settle down in Pittsburgh and work and get money. I'm living here for a while it looks like. It's not all bad though because I fell in love with a girl here who is getting me a welding job (her step dad owns a shop) which will fund my new shop here. Basically she is re-domesticating me lol. I'm doing odd jobs to make ends meet until this new job pans out. If anyone knows any smiths local to Pittsburgh and could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it! I'll be looking into PABA soon too. Life works out in strange ways sometime. 

I'd invite you out if you're not too busy. I'd be up for some help learning a bit and got some cold ones to share. I'm about 45 minutes south of Pittsburgh.

This is starting to sound like a TV drama sort of a blacksmith version of, "Then Came Bronson." You'll know what I mean if you remember late 60's early 70's TV.

Life twists and turns, dips and dives and is never dull. I'll tip a brew to your good fortune in love found and success. Keep us posted though I live for the next episode of "Crazy Ivan's Road Trip.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the Norwegian guy who stated: "There is no strange mechanism in a toilet seat that only a male can operate. If you want the seat down, PUT IT DOWN!"

He said a lot of other wise things as well as "don't ask me if you look fat - it only causes trouble" LOL

No Charles. The Norwegian is not a relative. He also said" A woman can ask me to do something - or tell me how to do something but not tell me how to do what she asked me to do."

Besides, I do as you do and for similar reasons.

Cheers

Göte

• 1 month later...

So here's my last update on this for a while. So as I mentioned before (and as some of you have probably predicted lol) my travels are on hold for a while. Meeting my new girlfriend and getting all my money stolen have put things on a hiatus. I have been living in Pittsburgh and suprizingly enough I haven't been able to find any good welding jobs here so I am moving to Lancaster PA with my girl and our litter of puppies. I got a good welding job lined up there and a place to live. We will be living there come January to work and save up money. JWS has offered me shop space so we will be sharing a space. I'm very excited about this and am looking forward to it. It's going to be very cool sharing a space with a bladesmith and with both our skill sets in one building it will be very interesting. I'll be joining the PABA when I move out there and I look forward to meeting more of the folks from the area. I have no intention of stopping my travels all together but they will definitely be on hold at the very least until May. Nothing ever goes according to plan but they can still work out in a positive way. It has sure been interesting to say the least. 

8 hours ago, NickOHH said:

Me and Marcy are probably about an hour from Lancaster depending where exactly but we grab coal not far from jws's place, and try and make the PABA meetings when we can .  Always cool meetin people from the forum. 

Ya, he mentioned y'all weren't too far away. I'm sure we will cross paths soon enough. Looking forward to it! 

Man, I'll miss the forging nights. until you go you know your welcome.  I really appreciate what you taught me. if you are ever back in Pittsburgh after, let me know if you want to hang out. I hope the job works out well, and i'm sure you'll be in great company out there.  

21 hours ago, Crazy Ivan said:

So here's my last update on this for a while. So as I mentioned before (and as some of you have probably predicted lol) my travels are on hold for a while. Meeting my new girlfriend and getting all my money stolen have put things on a hiatus. I have been living in Pittsburgh and suprizingly enough I haven't been able to find any good welding jobs here so I am moving to Lancaster PA with my girl and our litter of puppies. I got a good welding job lined up there and a place to live. We will be living there come January to work and save up money. JWS has offered me shop space so we will be sharing a space. I'm very excited about this and am looking forward to it. It's going to be very cool sharing a space with a bladesmith and with both our skill sets in one building it will be very interesting. I'll be joining the PABA when I move out there and I look forward to meeting more of the folks from the area. I have no intention of stopping my travels all together but they will definitely be on hold at the very least until May. Nothing ever goes according to plan but they can still work out in a positive way. It has sure been interesting to say the least. 

Welcome to the black hole of the country! After a few months you'll find yourself getting drawn back here time and time again.. I've had friends that have moved all around this great country of ours only to find themselves back here again years later. Maybe it's the fresh produce, maybe it's the fact that there's always work to be done, maybe our laid back pace of life or even the smell of cow manure - who knows?! Lol Glad to have you, it'll be some interesting times to say the least - looking forward to it!

J