I Forge Iron

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ausfire - Im not understanding......  were you offended by my post in some way?

No No Andrew! I just can't post a long message without getting the 403 Forbidden message. I had a lot I wanted to write but it wouldn't allow the message. I'll try again soon.

Err........beer is a vegetable, right? Oh, you mean healthy vegetable, in that case...wine. Red, or white, meh.

Wine in the braise, you betcha! Are you saying barley isn't healthy? WASSAMATTAYOU?

Frosty The Lucky.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: <gasp> I'm gonna remember that one.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I learnt the 2nd last line as "it makes the peas taste funny" which is no matter, I've also heard it from nephews and nieces in England and India so it shows this rhyme is well traveled, I wonder if the Canadian folk also have it?

Maybe it's a commonwealth thing, this is the first I've heard it. I LIKE it though I'll get to teach it to kids sooner or later I'm sure. About honey making peas taste funny, it's gotta be better than how asparagus makes peas smell.

Frosty The Lucky.

Been trying to reply to this thread for some time Andrew, but keep getting the Forbidden message which is bugging everyone at present.

I really like Shaun the Sheep. Those horse shoes are handy - good metal to weld too. Trying to figure out the eyes - I think they may be high tensile drilling rig bits?? I use them a lot on my 'dancing lady' sculptures. (I'm not saying where).

Great work,, thanks for posting.

Darryl.

Yes Darryl ,the site was doing that to me for a while , I found that if I logged in again I was able to post. The eyes are teeth off a road stabilising machine when I worked for local government on the roads I would ask the operator for the worn out bits Ive now got about 500 of the little fellas and yes a  very  versatile scrap item. cheers andrew

• 1 month later...

ohhhhhh......groan.........

Is that "irony"?   ;)

It is. Now I feel sheepish....

I heard it before, growing up down here in the Deep South of USA

Many say it isn't known who the author is, while others attribute it to Ogden Nash

It is indeed Nash, and the original third line was "It makes the peas taste funny"; see this article.

Edited by JHCC