I Forge Iron

The RPG connection, or "blacksmithing, the game"

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have started character generation, one player is out on a road trip with his kids (a honerable and worthy endevor) and As I havent heard from Steve I sent him an Email (two infact as I forgot I havent instaled my signature line on my new phone.

So far the pilots chair is spoken fore, a veteran pilot, with a few spare parts, a mildly Zenophobic enginere and a Marine (as no marines are acualy assined to the crew I have to work him in, but I have that coverd and if the SHTF a hammer will be useful!) it will be interesting to see the characters fleshed out (both their public and private personas) and to see what Steve comes up with. 

We are still exepting "applications"

I have to take my comp in for a little debugging but should be back online later today. I've been working out Corrigan's back story and will be ready to go.

Come ON guys the ship's company needs some more members.

Frosty The Lucky.

The crew now includes a xenobioligest, lol. Nice that the backseaters outnomber the bridge crew

Perfect, s/he can be our xenophobic engineer's roomy!

Say, if the bridge is on top we can name the ship "Trouble Waters." :rolleyes:

I better stop now. :blink:

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, mike has come back from spoiling his kids, so I am about ready to start the neritive. I need to check in With Steve and see if he is still interested.

to recap, we have PC's filling the pilot's, cheif enginere's, zeno biologist and cheif scientistic officer's slots. On a first of class FTL scout/exploritory vesel. 

Cool, I'm ready to rock. I've been filling my character out. I changed his name from Ito to Takeo after spending some time looking at Names and meanings online.

Ian, I see by your interest in Takeo's venting you must be wanting to room with him. Sauerkraut is almost always good and he's quite fond of home brewed beer so I'm sure you'll be able to devine the wind. You have STRANGE tastes my friend. . . strange.

Unfortunately for you, modern augmentation in the Wolf Cluster pretty much eliminates things like digestive venting. A culture that spends a lot of time in sealed environments tend to put that pretty high on the list of things to do. It also means a person has a better chance of surviving on "alien" foods, toxins, allergens, etc.

I have a question Charles: Will we be playing here on the IFI forum or going to a CC list to save bandwidth? Playing on a public forum might get cluttered with random NPCs. Just a thought.

Takeo.

That's what I was thinking too. Can we use the ATT RPG tag in the email list? I already have my filters set to move it to my RPG folder. It'll make it easier for everybody to keep track if all our emails go to one folder. A game history so to speak.

Takeo

I'm rarely far from a D20 and a pile of rulebooks. Gave you something to take your mind off XXXX jobs at work!

Want to play? PM Charles, he's GM and it's a Sci Fi universe. How fast can you generate a Sci Fi character?

Then again I don't know how many players Charles wants to or can run. That's up to him of course.

Here on the forum we have to use cleaner language or we'll space tape you to the landing gear for a day or two.  ;) Seriously, imagine your 7 yr. old daughter reading the forums and use appropriate language and subjects.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 year later...
On 23/06/2015 at 6:44 PM, Frosty said:

I had to look GURPS up and am waiting for GURPS-lite to download.

Just to toss another bit of mist in the fog I just started reading David Drake's, "Northworld Trilogy" for the first time in I think since before it was in paperback. So far it seems pretty wide open for a campaign/world/genre/?.

Frosty The Lucky.

100% agree.  So much I over 10 years wrote an RPG loosely based on and called Northworld with David Drakes permisson.  You can see it on Youtube by searching "Northworld RPG".  I always very much appreciate any comments. :)