I Forge Iron

The RPG connection, or "blacksmithing, the game"

I haven't seen my copy of, "The notebooks of Lazarus Long" in a few decades and haven't seen it in a book store to replace it. No, I haven't looked online, I should. It's sad when I don't recognize a Lazarism. <sigh>

Should we start calling Thomas Rufus Powers?

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hammer's Slammers" is good I can be blower crew you betcha.

Familiar with Bun Bun in the "Aldenata" series by John Ringo?

How about Alan Dean Fosters, "Bolo" series?

Oh yeah I LIKE land mobile armor, there's nothing like a continental siege unit or a main gun bade from a 17" naval gun. Anti matter sub munitions? Oh BABY!

Anybody see the movie, "Battleship?" Mighty Mo vs. the alien invaders:angry: and whoops em good! :P

Frosty The Lucky.

In aldenata, maybe not so much, remember 'em against the posleen. And definitly bolo.....oh yeah.

the Aldenata are who made the Posleen the charming feeding machines they are. It's the name of the series. "Eat anti matter Posleen boy."

Frosty The Lucky.

So no one has steped up to GM, so guess I'm elected by defalt. Who is in as players? And who wants on the "mailing list" as observers? 

I can comit to 1 turn a day, that being one group email (or more if the group is split) and one individual email. Observers will receive group emails only. 

Me as DM? Boy would that be a random ramble in a mollusc maze. The lost company. Believe me you don't want me to run anything, I'm good for ideas but nothing that requires planning or keeping things straight.

I'm in for the game though.

Frosty's PC.

I am leaning tord hijacking white wolf"s mechanics and adapting them to a hard Scifi setting. I realy find Travelers basic mechanics To be clunky wile the WW d20 system is eligant. For all intents and purposes the mechanics irrelevant. That is if you all are interested in crewing an interstellar scout ship

i love good Indian food! No worries about intestinal parisights with a steady diet of vindaloo and papadom

Edited by Charles R. Stevens

I'm not familiar with White Wolf but like a d20 system, no problem.

I can crew on interstellar scout or exploration ship. Part of my mind is always exploring out there somewhere. ;)

We need to find an emoticon with a space helmet. Never smile in death pressure without one! :o

Frosty The Lucky.

The real trick with WW's d20 system is that skill doesn't modify the target #, skill adds dice  , or more precisely the number off attempts at the role. Each success is a bonus. High enugh skill can over come such nasty things as needing a 21 or better (- 1 from the target per success) 

Edited by Charles R. Stevens

I'm interested in being a player, i still play d&d on regular basis and back in the day i played a lot of homebrew fantasy/sci-fi world. I personally like sci-fi a lot but il be happy to play in any setting. 

I can adapt easily to any rules system just let me know witch one you want to use.

"Hammer's Slammers" is good I can be blower crew you betcha.

Familiar with Bun Bun in the "Aldenata" series by John Ringo?

How about Alan Dean Fosters, "Bolo" series?

Oh yeah I LIKE land mobile armor, there's nothing like a continental siege unit or a main gun bade from a 17" naval gun. Anti matter sub munitions? Oh BABY!

Anybody see the movie, "Battleship?" Mighty Mo vs. the alien invaders:angry: and whoops em good! :P

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh yeah,

No

Yes

Me too.

Yep, liked it a lot.

Edited by LastRonin

I am leaning tord hijacking white wolf"s mechanics and adapting them to a hard Scifi setting. I realy find Travelers basic mechanics To be clunky wile the WW d20 system is eligant. For all intents and purposes the mechanics irrelevant. That is if you all are interested in crewing an interstellar scout ship

i love good Indian food! No worries about intestinal parisights with a steady diet of vindaloo and papadom

Didn't know WW used D20 system, is it basically the d20 OGL?

Now I'm forbidden here!!! :angry:

Okay so I spent too long describing Bun Bun and Gurhkas! The Adenata seeries is the one with the Posleen invasion,  Bun Bun is a nuclear powered tank the size of a shopping center with a souped up 17" Naval gun and worse.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

OGL is open game license.

WOTC developed the original d20 system. And instead of keeping it completely proprietary like all games used to... they made a version of it available to any who wanted to use it.

Used to be that 60-70% of a game designers budget and time had to go towards building the system.

Edited by LastRonin