I Forge Iron

The RPG connection, or "blacksmithing, the game"

Maybe you missed my saying I haven't played in probably 30 years? Waiting to see how it's played might take a while, we're trying to figure it out now.

It's looking like a couple turns a day for starts, something like the old pen pal games. We're pretty spread out just in the US so real time games would take some coordinating.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bit of a headstart as a group of us make a pilgramage to Phoenix every few years to visit and play. But most off you will be in the same boat as Frosty and DSW. Keeping the turn count down to 1 or two per day do help to keep from taking up the GM's entire life. And will allow more than just the US croud.  

Frosty, you need not worry, the GM could set it up a bit like bridge(I haven't played that since the army in '79) you know every hand needs a dummy!:D

Sorry just too easy.

​I ain'tagonna learn to play bridge! Pinochle was bad enough. Now I thin about it maybe that tree did me a favor, I can't remember anything but how weird it is to deal.

Frosty The Lucky.

Okay I think Charles and I have been waiting to see what others want to play but that's okay, I'll get the ball rolling. I like either the Tolkienesk D&D Genre or Sci fi, space, alien invasion, exploration, whatever. So dems my vote, D&D or Sci fi.

Okay, I guess that's not really A vote but either is good gaming to me.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

Think we may have to just make it a forging compitition, hand forged dice anyone?! 

That would be interesting! 4,6, 8 side dice wouldn't be tough, but the higher numbered dice would be interesting.

I'd be up for something D&D based. I was always partial to elven archers or elven fighter/ mages.

Edited by DSW

I think the smith character issue is an easy one to resolve. Just apply a realistic time to commissions, by (game)time the character finished that game would be over and we'd have moved on to a zombie apocalypse on another planet or something equally applicable.

I'll pass on being a smith in the game, I'll hire the job out or just loot bodies.

Frosty The Lucky.

A now Frosty, a packa of rabid smiths gone a "viking" could be a blast!

I can play that you betcha! What genre? Rabid Sci fi blacksmiths? I can carry an anti matter power plant and induction forge in a small belt pouch and the reactionless drive war hammer/battle axe combo in hand. I'm game!

Frosty The Lucky.

I'd like to participate, but I dont think I could do ya'll justice and be that committed. Nothing worse than a no show, especially if he's supposed to bring the pizza. I hope that ya'll do have it available to non players to follow, I have a feeling it will be epic.

Foundation: when the new empire ran into the old  the "Merchants" were selling tech that could whittle steel.  I haven read it for 30 years but I have had a LONG interest in ferrous metals technologies and no nasty birches to stir the pot so to speak.

Those weren't RPGs, they were magic missles...

When you concentrate all the energy into a lance it's the same result unless you were high enough level then it'd chase targets around corners, down holes, etc.

But. . . Yeah.

Frosty The Lucky.

Foundation: when the new empire ran into the old  the "Merchants" were selling tech that could whittle steel.  I haven read it for 30 years but I have had a LONG interest in ferrous metals technologies and no nasty birches to stir the pot so to speak.

I guess I'll have to read it again. Blasted tree!

Frosty The Lucky.