I Forge Iron

I sent a Email to the listed address and still have no answer about merchants regulations and requirements for Ohio State paperwork. Or about general vender information, that is lacking form the web site.  Does Quad State event staff even care?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I say middle of the week, I mean some of these folks are there with the set-up crew and are clearing out duplicates from their shops, and some are full time self-employed scrap pile peddlers vintage tool vendors who pick and resell all year. They may set up as early as Monday or Tuesday if they can get away with it, to get a prime location.

I have been lurking on this site for a while and have planned on attending Saturday and Sunday since I have to work Friday night. I'm less than 45 minutes from Troy. Haven't had a chance to do any real smithing yet due to hectic schedule but would like to try the hands on beginners instructions.

Steve as SOFA does not manage sales or charge extra to vendors or take a percentage; no they don't care.
Their only requirements are that vendors be registered for the event and that their wares are "blacksmithing related".
They also ask that you list on your registration form if you plan to sell.

Following applicable laws is up to the people involved.

Steve as SOFA does not manage sales or charge extra to vendors or take a percentage; no they don't care.
Their only requirements are that vendors be registered for the event and that their wares are "blacksmithing related".
They also ask that you list on your registration form if you plan to sell.

Following applicable laws is up to the people involved.

Thanks.  I am only registered for business in Indiana and Ohio at present.  I was thinking about going with a box of books, and maybe a few blades, but didnt know if I had to bring a briefcase full of paperwork.   I have been at events where the site wanted to have copy's of sales tax permits and Insurance policys  before allowing me to set up, others didnt even bother with site fees, they came by later, during the show to collect and say hello.  One event just seemed happy to have a smith that could light his own forge  lol (Yes that happened to me at a Ren faire, the first "smith" they had seems to have borrowed a forge and anvil from somewhere, but never did learn how to use them)

Occasionally it likes to rain and get windy but we drive from Minnesota and would not miss it. I have seen anything from a rivet to a 200# steam hammer for sale. Some things cheap and a lot not so cheap but if you need something it may be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looking at my schedule, my only option is driving over on Thursday and spending the day.  The Meet doesn't officially start till Friday...will there be enough tailgaters there to justify the trip over?  I hope so, it would be nice to go to a sale where everything is blacksmith related.  No sifting through all the other assorted flea market stuff.

I will probably be getting there Tuesday evening.  I will have my limited edition brass FISHER anvils and the FISHER Factory label t shirts for sale, along with what ever iron stuff I can get loaded up. 

I propose that if IFI members want to get together for a group picture, they meet by where Steve Prillwitz(matchless) sets up on Friday noon.  It would be nice to post a picture here so we can see faces besides names.

Friday is the day that barring bad weather I wear lederhosen and an aloha shirt in memory of Paw Paw Wilson (who got the reference immediately: RAH "Glory Road") that an the disreputable red hat should make me easy to identify. Other days just look for a portly middle aged guy with a beard and glasses wearing blue jeans!