I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, SLAG said:

"Laws are like sausages; it is better not to see them being made".

aw man, watching German sausages being made is the wurst!

Littleblacksmith

2 hours ago, Tubalcain2 said:

Hey, watch it! i'm a German.^_^ German Swiss Irish Redneck mutt, that is. :unsure:

did you get it? cause wurst is a German sausage? yeah, I probably shouldn't have explained the pun....now it aint that good. not that it was good to start with! as Frosty looks down on me....

Littleblacksmith

On 11/2/2016 at 5:28 PM, littleblacksmith said:

did you get it? cause wurst is a German sausage? yeah, I probably shouldn't have explained the pun....now it aint that good. not that it was good to start with! as Frosty looks down on me....

Littleblacksmith

Naw LBS I wouldn't look down on you unless I'm taller and we met face to face. About puns; if you have to explain it either you're talking to the wrong person OR you should find a different sort of humor to practice. That's just advice for a new practitioner we all have to start somewhere. Puns require practitioners to free associate what we hear and see to make connections to things other than the original intent. The wilder the second meaning(s) are the better and if they maintaining a relation to the original meaning better yet. The more people throwing things at and calling you names the higher the praise. Well success, depends on the gathering. In the old artmetal. list we used to throw stinky cybersocks if a pun curdled enough folks sensibilities but that's the whey we played. <sigh>

Folk often think punsters are practicing a low form of humor with no practical purposes. Then the very same folk celebrate people who "think out of the box" in other words folk who find unexpected connections. Problems are nothing more than situations looking for the right pun. ;)

Glenn: Now that you bring it up does that mean any product that says gluten free actually HAS gluten? Wow, it's EVERYWHERE! Good thing I like gluten. I wonder if gluten is better than glu9 or glu11? How many glus are there:o? Who here is good at grant writing? I smell a HUGE government research project all we need is funding and a state of the art facility. Who wants to be a Gluologist? It's an unlimited field literally a Glugolplex of possibilities in Gluological research.

Quick enroll in the Frosty's online institute for Gluological Research, College, University! Hurry classes will fill up quickly, tuition is reasonable financing available here. 2 year bach, 4 year masters, 8 year, 12 year and 24 year doctorate programs available. Quick now, while there's still room!

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, John McPherson said:

Count me in. I love big glutes and I can not lie! Yoga pants at a college are the best part of the 21st century. But my wife says if I do study a broad, I will earn my bachelors by giving her half of everything.

it will also be the large half as well and keeps on costing. 

42 minutes ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

First attempt at writing a limerick.

There once was a fellow from Danville 

Who struggled to carry his anvil

It fell on his toe 

And made his toe grow

Until all that would fit was a sandal!

When installing my Alldays and Onions,

The flywheel came off its trunnions, 

Crashed to the floor,

Bounced and (what's more)

Landed right square on my bunions!