I Forge Iron

It followed me home

Frosty you noticed that those flakes wanted to hinge up in the middle for sure.  That stuff was like chipping slate.  I rubbed some dirt on it to give it that old-time look.  

Sorry everyone, looks like I got this off the topic of forging.:rolleyes:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, the one blacksmith that got me interested in smithing used to come to my tent at the shows we both attended and watch saying "I think I'd like to learn that someday".  Then I started doing the same thing at his portable forge.  One of these days I'll get him to try knapping.  

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

Blacksmiths like to knapp. Who would have guessed? (grin)

Who would've imagined knappers would've gotten into smithing a few thousand years ago? Hey Oog, what wrong with this stone, it just smoosh around, not flake at all?  Oh Ung, that rock no good throw it in fire and use good rock!

Frosty The Lucky.

I have a poster by a German political cartoonist of "The First Strike" showing the handaxe makers protesting against the first metalworkers taking their jobs...I saw it on a poster for a showing of his work back in the mid 1990's and hunted down the Museum so I could buy a couple of copies.