• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

while returning from Savannah GA , I came across a road side yard sale, the fellow had mostly junk on a table and a large chunk of metal holding the awning down from blowing avay. Turns out it was ana anvil, about 90 pounds( Henry Wright). I picked it up for 80 bucks ! the trip couldn't have turned out any better, I was over there getting my Christmas present a 8x12 lathe from HF. Sweet christmas for me. Here are some picks of the lathe in my shop. and some of the anvil nailed to a stump. I never heard of henry wright , is he any relation to peter? Sorry my pics are too big .

Rods8833
When you post to the IForgeIron Gallery, it takes the large photos and automatically resizes them for the gallery, plus gives you a thumbnail image AND a thumbnail link that can be used in the forum. Like Finnr said, post to the gallery and use key words so the search engine can locate the images.

and a bit from a big lathe. :D

any chance the big lathe is still lurking around somewhere at the scrapyard? I found an old LaBlonde once at the scrap recycling place in Eureka, IL. It was around a 12 or 14x36 or so and the guy only wanted 200 bucks for it. Only problem was that there was no tailstock and chances of finding one seemed mighty slim. It ALMOST followed me home:(

-Aaron @ the SCF

I didn't see it anywhere, it was on a shelf with some odds and ends. One of the guys said to look him up next time I go, he had some tool steel, possibly some Chrome Moly from some machine that I might be interested in.

Now, what could I make from Chrome Moly...............................

Frosty;
I raised a Pigmy Billy Goat. He was just like having a well trained dog, but could jump much higher.
He always wanted to go with me everywhere I went. So he went with me most of the time. One of his favorite thing to do was to sit in the passenger seat of my truck and look out the windows.
When I could, I even took him to work. Like I say, he acted just like a well behaved dog.
Then one day we were riding along and I noticed that he was eating something.
:o He was chewing my paycheck that I had placed in the cigarette ash tray.
This proves to me that I had to be smarter than a pigmy goat if I wanted a pay check!
Glad to hear from you, and Thanks for the delightful photos.
Old Rusty Ted

Sounds like a wether rather than a buck to me Ted. Nobody with working nasal apparatus would allow an intact buck in the cab of their truck unless it was a real emergency.

Of course there's no accounting for taste so. . . ;)

Pygmies have great personalities and if they don't have goat buddies will bond to people like a puppy. Among the many metaphors used to describe them, "puppy dogs with hooves" is a common one.

A pasture full of pygmy kids spronking around will put a smile on anybody's face.

Frosty

Forgot about this thread..

This followed me home a few weeks ago.. I only say followed cause it was in my trunk. No clue what it was used for. Head appears to have "CRAMP" stamped on it. Handle was around 26" long. I need to recut the handle cause it was not holding the head tight and was split in a few spots. Probably make it 15"

cramp2.jpgcramp1.jpg

Also happened on a new Hobart Acetylene/LP regulator for $25. Just need a hose and it should make for a nice propane regulator for the forge I don't have.