I Forge Iron

It followed me home

I like take an open end wrench that fits the propane fittings for my forge and forge down the opposite end into a grotesque face---my favorite is my "tyrannosaurus wrench" Makes it easy to find the right one and the right end and I like to have little things like that with my demo set up for people to "discover".

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was tooling around yesterday and realized I had something to add.

My wife and I recently moved into our new house, and while moving out of my sister-in-law's, her father (who used to live there), said "take whatever you want, I've been meaning to clean out the last of my junk for years."

So I got a big butcher knife, a cheap old hatchet head, a chalk line, some jack stands, a wooden mallet, a few extension cords, and a cross-peen hammer. It's says "48" on the head, and no other markings. Needs a new handle, but otherwise looks like a servicable, non-descript hammer. Maybe it will become my tool-striking hammer.

Nothing exotic here, just some free stuff that followed me home!

Picture287-sm.jpg

Picture286-sm.jpg

Picture288-sm.jpg

..... and forge down the opposite end into a grotesque face---my favorite is my "tyrannosaurus wrench" ........ for people to "discover".

That's a great idea. I just assumed I'd find something to do with so many pieces of tool steel. I've got a few to practice on now. lol.gif

I saw a forge for sale on craigslist for $50. I called and went a checked it out. It was a homemade forge with a champion 400 firepot/tuyere attached to it. Plus, they gave me a locked up buffalo silent 200 blower to go with it for free.

I will try to get pictures tomorrow.

Larry

Anyone know how to remove the gear cover on the buffalo silent 200 14" blower? It doesn't seem to have any screws on it. I will look at it again in the light tomorrow.

Larry

One screw on each side, countersunk in the main casting near the top of the smaller removable cover.

$10 anvil

Picked this up today for a friend off of Craigslist. It's only 20 lbs. but he has nothing now. It's just 17" long.

I'll help him clean it up and reinforce the web. May even attempt to harden the top. I've read Weyger's method. Anyone have anything to add to that?

post-21692-0-98767300-1326856826_thumb.j