I Forge Iron

Christmas 2022

I always like seeing your reminders Glenn, thank you, and I should start soon on making the gifts I was planning for last year. I was thinking of making a bottle opener or corkscrew for everyone depending on what they like to drink. But I'll have to try making a corkscrew again, the last one failed miserably.

~Jobtiel

But Glenn, don't skip halloween or thanksgiving. 

Good reminder tho. I appreciate the countdowns letting us know we have less time then we thought. 

I am out of All my christmas stock so I have a lot to make in that category. 

Also family gifts are in order. 

Far as stock goes the knowns are horseshoe christmas trees, nutty snowmen, and I have a large bicycle snowman. 

I have some new ideas as well. Some nut and nail reindeer, rebar christmas trees and other ideas. 

16 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Good reminder tho. I appreciate the countdowns letting us know we have less time then we thought. 

I am out of All my christmas stock so I have a lot to make in that category. 

Also family gifts are in order. 

Far as stock goes the knowns are horseshoe christmas trees, nutty snowmen, and I have a large bicycle snowman. 

I have some new ideas as well. Some nut and nail reindeer, rebar christmas trees and other ideas. 

Not all are celebrated outside the usa. ;)

But on topic. No ideas yes. New job is consuming more time than expected. Out of my eveningschool no spare time to see my workshop, let alone to forge. 

But please share, i like to be inspired.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:01 PM, Daswulf said:

you mean thanksgiving and halloween 

thanksgiving is on the tenth of October but like everything Yankee doddle had to be different and set it back a month and a half:blink:

might see about geting a gift or two done i started 2 years ago...:ph34r:

M.J.Lampert

Yeah they had a neat Halloween setup the last few weeks at the Wally World here an then last weekend I walked in an they had started taking it down and half the store was setup with Christmas stuff,

17 hours ago, M.J.Lampert said:

had to be different and set it back a month and a half:blink:

We like to space our holidays out so our turkeys have time to grow bigger!;)

What's my point?:blink: You   LOOK   like   you   are  WEARING   PART   of    your    LAST    TURKEY. 

I didn't say there was anything wrong or even weird about it, in fact your AVATAR has to be the happiest looking one I know of. I like it a lot better than your last one and I liked that one a lot.

Frosty The Lucky.

Okay I’ll admit it does kinda look like a turkeys fan, lol

I remember seeing a old picture onetime, showing how a North American tribe baited an trapped birds for their feathers, I think old headdress were made from eagle an hawk feathers, but I don’t remember,

I would imagine they probably also liked the colorful blue, red an yellow feathers from smaller birds to but i dunno for sure

I just did a web search and turkey images are different colors. The image search seems to show immature Bald and immature Golden eagles can have black tipped white tail feathers. My memories of ceremonial head dresses are so contaminated by TV and movie westerns I wouldn't bet on them at all. The one pow wow I attended (sort of) had head dresses with so many different layers of feathers I don't know if I could pick one as dominant. 

So heck, I guess I don't know what a head dress should look like, what nation or tribe, ceremony, era or . . . ? Maybe it's just an attractive caricature. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...