I Forge Iron

Urgent News!!!

TWISTEDWILLOW

I have just received a radio Communication from our very own Thomas Powers! 

He is currently under siege at his smithy in Socorro New Mexico! 

the aliens from Roswell have begun their final assault upon his smithy! 

he is defending his smithy fortress valiantly and is currently holding the line!

he is having to save his backup reserve data for emergency communication only! 

he has notified me that reinforcements will be arriving on the 19th of July and will be resupplying his data at that time,

after which time he will be resuming regular communications with with everyone here!

we here at Peavine Oklahoma are planning to send supplies and reinforcements as soon as we can, 

that is all the news for now,

all those concerned should check back here regularly for updates on the battle conditions at Thomas’s shop! 

or if you need something a little less exciting just give him a call or a PM an he will get with you as soon as he can, 

that is all TW out…

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, those poor aliens.  Here they are, stuck on a backwater planet like Terra, and then they pick a fight with someone like Thomas.  Not a good life choice.  After they limp back to Roswell over the Journada de Muerte (the "Journey of Death", the area east of Socorro on the way to Roswell) they will need to take some time to heal and consider their decision making process.

GNM

26 minutes ago, Scott NC said:

The smoking lamp is out until further notice

I’ll just go hang out at the HTs shop for now then, 

because ya know they always follow the rules and never use their welding vents for cigarette smoke in an undesignated area!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Gunpowder might be the secret to FAST fluffy omelets.

An old lady was interviewed by a newspaper reporter on her 100th birthday. The interviewer asked her the secret of her longevity. She explained that at every meal she seasoned her food with a pinch of black powder, and this helped keep her young and vital.

Sometime thereafter the lady passed into the next world, and the newspaper printed the following:

"Mrs. ..... , who was interviewed in these pages a while ago, has passed on. She leaves behind three children, six grandchildren, two great-grandchildren, and a fifty-foot crater where the crematorium once stood."

You had me scratching my head there Charles so I went back through the thread and had a light bulb moment! :) I'd never heard of starch for making omelets fluffy. I separate the yolks, add just enough milk so they emulsify and whisk them before folding the yolks back in. Frothy makes fluffies but whisked till they have stiff peaks and two eggs will fill a dinner plate. No surprise it's like eating fried meringue. They're easy to burn though. 

I'll give starch a try next time, I usually just whip a little with a fork and drizzle of milk if I'm not cooking for someone else.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'll give it a try next time I make myself an omelet,  Bisquick is a permanent resident on the shelf. Any idea how much pancake batter per egg? I routinely put an egg in pancake batter for fluffier cakes but . . . 

Frosty The Lucky.

Funny thing; it turns out that the Green Aliens squash just like a tomato hornworm does when you drop an anvil on them.  (I was hoping they would retaliate and drop *tons* of anvils on my decoy shop; but no such luck.)

Lets see how long my data lasts this month!