I Forge Iron

Joey van der steeg going out of buisness...again!

26 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

some just have life take a dump on them...

Four years ago this coming may, the place I worked for went out of business after 45 years, 

I tried for months to find work before the end, I applied everywhere, I went to interviews, but I kept getting passed over…

I started sweating finance’s pretty bad, at the two week mark to close, I still hadn’t found work, 

so I sold almost everything I owned, blacksmithing stuff included,

and I took the money an bought out all the fast moving parts, belts and consumables,

and with what little money I had left over a few tools I didn’t already own that I would need,

After the business closed I reopened the repair shop part at my old run down shop at home, 

and I ate ramen noodles for the first year, until I got it back up an going again, but I was able to keep the bills paid, 

now almost four years later, I’m doin much better an have more work than I can do,

and since opening my business I’ve had quite a few job offers to repair stuff for other businesses, 

my point with this story is Thomas is right

sometimes you get faced with a choice of making the mortgage payment or keeping the anvil, I chose to make the mortgage payment an sold the anvil 

I really really hope that’s not what Joey is goin through right now! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nooooo -- JOEYYYY!  :-(  I love that guy's vids. It's nice to see everyone wishing him the best. He's a bright dude -- he'll be fine, I'm sure. I read one of Jen P's comments once that some of her YouTube vids took 50 hours to edit and finish -- just to make it a video she'd want to watch, herself. I believe it. That's a lot of work and I'm sure the platform takes a huge slice. Not everyone has the time to produce content on that level. Good luck to Joey V!

• 1 year later...