I Forge Iron

What in nature are y’all thankful for?

TWISTEDWILLOW

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousins goats used to  chew the seat on a harley I had way back when.  We fixed him.  Scuffed up the paint on the tank too.  Crazy thing ate lit ciggarette butts when you tossed them out.  Thomas I seen "Them".  Just like the Giant Gila Monster.  I wonder whats brewing nowadays...

Having raised goats, there's a one word solution to goats on things you don't want  goats on. Fences. Yeah, they love tobacco and no it doesn't worm them though too much will make them sick or dead.

Nothing says HAPPY 4th of July like BBQing one of the kids. That's maybe one of the best things about raising goats, if one of your kids is too much trouble you can sell or eat them without getting in trouble. Seriously, BBQed kid doesn't require sauce, salt and pepper is all it needs, nothing takes on the flavor of wood smoke as well.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of black snakes that occasionally come around the shop.  One is about 1 1/2" round and about 5' long, the other is about 3/4" round and about 3' long.  For you snake experts, which ones are probably the male and female? The small one likes to squirm into the open end of the steel square leg on the carport frame.

Rain. Fire danger has dropped to green almost everywhere in the state, minor flooding mostly roads at river and creek crossings. Mosquitoes are swarming but what the hey, fish and birds need to eat too. Trout, mmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Grouse does well with salt pepper and thyme, garlic doesn't hurt, the fat will replace butter for the rest. It's a different flavor but flavorful. 

I was trying to think of a version of turducken and that one just popped up and darn it MIGHT be good. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

I saw another "horned lizard" AKA horny toad on the path to my shop today.  I guess letting most of the yard go wild encourages wildlife.  I've had mosquito trouble for the first time this year; I think my neighbor's "duck puddle" is providing a water for them in this dry area.    They were attacking my legs below my shorts and so I put a squirrel cage fan on the floor blowing a blast where I was standing.  Helps with the heat too.

Put about 1/2 tsp per acre of pond surface of garlic oil. It's non-toxic if you aren't a mosquito and is easily absorbed without environmental issues. Mosquito larva will be toast quickly. No need to sprinkle spray, etc. just pour it on, it'll cover the pond in no time, minutes.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankful for this spider about to be getting some good dinner. 

When I opened the garage door for some cool air in the shop we surprised eachother. I jumped back and she shook the web.

Left her alone for a little bit and she went about finishing her web. Got some video of that.  I kicked on the light so she has a better chance of catching some prey.

Around the size of a half dollar coin.

20220825_204752.thumb.jpg.39a93ba326bb31ef48eeac05efa77388.jpg

20220825_204802.thumb.jpg.ff835a0e49081acd0e1d84851679427e.jpg

20220825_204818.jpg

• 1 month later...