I Forge Iron

What in nature are y’all thankful for?

TWISTEDWILLOW

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were I a hoplite warrior I'd want an ant face shield boss. Might be a bad idea for jousting armor though I'm pretty sure it'd make your opponent really WANT to stick you with the lance.

Nice AVATAR Scott, kind of looks like he's seen an ant up close or an atomic mutant ant. Remember the movie, "Them" ?

Frosty The Lucky.

Mine too, what was the one with the giant grasshoppers? James Arness was in so many movies it's hard to name one. 

It look familiar but I can't put my finger on him. The expression was almost a trademark IIRC. It's a good one.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Daswulf said:

I'm thankful we dont have black widows here

Yeah anything that’s left undisturbed for a length of time has a pretty good chance that the black widows and or fiddle backs (brown recluse) are all up in it, i kill hundreds of each every year, 

I don’t know how many times I’ve lifted up a machine on the hoist here in the shop an found black widows up in it, and the stinkin fiddle backs get all up in my desk, tool boxes, parts boxes ect…

The rattles snakes stay up on the back of walkin stick mountain bout a mile back from the house, cotton mouth’s usually stay down on peavine creek across the field, copperheads are around but I let the ol black snakes run wild and that keeps them thinned out so our only real issue here is the two spiders an the occasional scorpion,

During the summer I let the wasps an mud daubers have free run of the shop to help keep the spiders down,

I hate fiddle backs, those sorry suckers have got me three times over the years, 

winter time they all move slow so that’s the best time to clean the shop out an vaporize them with the ol benzomatic! Lol

scott,

you could name your smithy Queen Ann’s smithy!

11 hours ago, George N. M. said:

Scott, do you think we are bunch of backwoods hicks? 

Of course not George.  It was first a hard go identify photo of Jack Elam which I then changed to Blackbeard.  Now I am changing it back to ol' whiskers.  I am a creature of habit....:).

I don't know Billy... I'll have to think about that name.  That would require changing it back to Blackbeard....

Maybe find a picture of Jack Elam or Marty Feldman dressed in royal drag? 

Queen Anne's Revenge wasn't his only ship, just the most famous. Black Sail, smithy, forge, black smith, etc. would be cool though most folk wouldn't make the connection I think. I know Achilles would come to mind first for me so maybe it's not so good. Hmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Good grief Billy you and your spider fetish!

It reminds me of something else Thomas and I talked about. Seems one of their cats Gomez IIRC liked catching flies out of the air so I told him about Empress Damascus Bug's Bane a cat of ours who had a thing for catching and eating bugs. Snagging them out of the air was her specialty.

Frosty The Lucky.

Geez! Not too long ago I had a whole clan of widows living under the bottom side of my VW. I think I went out a couple nights a week after dark with a flashlight and can of spider spray and kept spraying any I could find until no more popped up anymore. Had to have killed a dozen of them or so all told.