• 11 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I've been shaving since the pandemic started getting serious. I'll go a couple days but it only takes me a couple minutes to shave before going out. I've discovered I like Harry's shaver and blades. I'd have just used my old Bic but good luck finding something that doesn't have more blades than I have ear hairs.

Frosty The Lucky.

So is Dashing how your wife says, hide more of your face . . . Please? Deb prefers me in a beard too and when I shaved for the first time in years I discovered I'd developed jowls and a dewlap! No wonder I couldn't trim my beard evenly under my chin!

Our vaccines should be up to strength in a couple weeks and I can lose the razor. :D

Frosty The Lucky.

I have not touched a razor since I got a wahl clippers for pandemic haircuts.  They work on whiskers too.  I just let it go until the itchiness gets to be too much.  

I also learned, as with everything else, there is quite the learning curve to cutting your own hair. :)

I recently switched to Resp-O-Rator, which is based on a mouthpiece that you hold in your teeth rather than a mask that fits over your face. I like it a lot, and even though I am currently cleanshaven, I can see how it would work much better for a bearded smith.

Here is my review: 

I 'm still using the diving mask; essentially to not ruin new glasses with sparks: and the old are still in the mask. I'm fairly stubby as I hate shaving. 

Been trying to get a hold of one of those resp-o-rators JHCC, but they aren't for sale in europe... probably some idiotic law around PPE. 

2 hours ago, BartW said:

I'm fairly stubby as I hate shaving. 

Not shaving makes you STUBBY?:huh: 

I buzz my head with my Wahl's and when I'm hiding the jowls and dewlap use a guard on the beard. 

I buzz my head nekkid with a largish construction paper shield over the sink to keep the hair out. I fold it and flush the hair and hit the shower to dehair myself. If I have anything I'm going to put on in the bathroom as the same time I itch till I change.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 5 months later...

I use the JSP infinity. Filters, fan and battery built in to the helmet with a grinding rated face shield. Not strictly rated for my level of facial hair but it works. 

Not cheap though, £800 each but definitely the best I have used. I got myself one to try and was that impressed I got 6 more for my service engineers. 

IMG-20200421-WA0001.jpg

If you folded your beard up to cover more of your face it'd be an improvement. :P 

It looks like an excellent piece of PPE. Having the air supplied by fan through the filters makes a HUGE difference. 

Smart buy, I heartily approve.

Frosty The Lucky.