I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

well................arrived in OZ safely and met with Dale.........a good bloke who was nice enough to have cold beer ready. spent the weekend at Moony's place and had a good time. Used a 7 CWT Massey hammer after we all got it installed and running. Lends a whole new meaning to "GET HAMMERED". Will be staying for the rest of the week and working with Moony on his War Memorial project.

I don't believe I missed the weekend at Braidwood, i just registered today.Moonys(I don't know him personally) at Moss Vale 10 minutes from me.At least I spent the weekend Forging at home, but i'm up for next year

Glad to hear you survived bloke, Glenn's tried ringing me loads of times but the new shed is *****ul as far as interfering with the signal. Terrible line so I don't know much other than about 25 or 35 folks made it and it was a 'tearer'. Hope to catch you on chat mate, want to know all about it. I've had some more news too, but it can wait.

Edited by Ian

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well it's on AGAIN :)

Second annual " Get HAMMERED @ MOONY'S "

October 30 th ( fri ) 31 st ( sat ) November 1 st ( sun )

Gonna need ta know who's comin'

Bigger & better this yr ( but don't know ow's we's gonna top settin' up a 7 ctw Massey hammer at 10.00 pm 3/4's cut ... :) )

Gotta work out finer details , so let us know ifin youse is interested in comin'

Dale Russell

Hi dale
It looks like we may have mr billy (Will) maguire from up here attending, and mr peter starling from Kymon forge is keen to attend too, so far that makes 4 of us from newy way, but it will grow i feel.
Phil
"thats a hammer not a toy hit it don't play with it"

Oh yeah I was going to bring some beer, think thats a good idea? n maybe a pair of tongs nd an ammer, ifn i can fit it in amoungst the beer somewhere, nah I'll just borrow a hammer off of moony fit in more beer that way.

Ok , that's 8 so far , Paul Mills said yes , that makes 9 , is 3 or so others here in Vic interested too .
Plus the mob up around Braidwood , that'll bring it ta 20 +

Better tell Glenn ta ave'a space cleared for us ta camp in .

Phil ,, i'm sure MOONY will lend youse a hammer & tongs , can't ave youse loosin' room for the BEER mate .... :)

Any others comin' let us know early

Dale Russell

hmmm.

What is the particular deal with this fellow?

I'm unlikely to be able to attend the full deal. However, being 1 hr away, I can most likely make a day trip of it or something.

Highly unlikely I can do more than that. (Have a newborn at moment. 4 month old at the time of the event will definately constrain me in my outings).

However.

I'm up for swinging a hammer for a day. And anything else. :P

AD

AD

" hmmm.

What is the particular deal with this fellow? "

Check out the links below , first is MOONY'S gallery , second is " just some " Richard Thibeau ( international smith ) & i took at the last " Get HAMMERED "

Member Profile - Blacksmith Photo Gallery

Hammered at Moony's - Blacksmith Photo Gallery

Dale Russell

• 4 weeks later...

G'Day all you AUSSIE'S

Time ta let us know ifin youse is comin' ta this yr's " Get HAMMERED " @ MOONY'S

Oct 30 th , 31 st & Nov 1 st

Braidwood NSW

Beginner , advanced & industrial blacksmithing

No pressure to forge , if you just want to come watch fine , but plenty of forges & anvils will be set up for every 1 to use ( Power Hammers too :) )

Need to know numbers so we can cater for the PARTY on the Saturday nite

RSVP by 2 Oct at the latest please .........................................

Camping available , tucker for b/fast , lunch , tea other times will be a throw together arrangement of what ever we can fit inta the Esky's after the BEER'S been put in .. :)

Burkes Hill Rd ( first on right after Jinglemoney Rd ) off Captains Flat Rd ( approx 10 km's sth west of Braidwood )

Not sure we can top installing a 7 CTW Massey Power Hammer at 11.00 pm 7/8 cut like we did last yr , but we'll find something interesting to do .. :)

Dale Russell

p.s , if you need any more Info please feel free to PM me & i'll help out the best i can .

Edited by Dale Russell
can't type or spell

-Just bringing this back up for all the AUSSIE'S

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'Day all you AUSSIE'S

Time ta let us know ifin youse is comin' ta this yr's " Get HAMMERED " @ MOONY'S

Oct 30 th , 31 st & Nov 1 st

Braidwood NSW

Beginner , advanced & industrial blacksmithing

No pressure to forge , if you just want to come watch fine , but plenty of forges & anvils will be set up for every 1 to use ( Power Hammers too )

Need to know numbers so we can cater for the PARTY on the Saturday nite

RSVP by 2 Oct at the latest please .........................................

Camping available , tucker for b/fast , lunch , tea other times will be a throw together arrangement of what ever we can fit inta the Esky's after the BEER'S been put in ..

Burkes Hill Rd ( first on right after Jinglemoney Rd ) off Captains Flat Rd ( approx 10 km's sth west of Braidwood )

Not sure we can top installing a 7 CTW Massey Power Hammer at 11.00 pm 7/8 cut like we did last yr , but we'll find something interesting to do ..

Dale Russell

p.s , if you need any more Info please feel free to PM me & i'll help out the best i can .