I Forge Iron

I'm a dad!

Daswulf

Charles, I'm planning when the time comes to get a food processor and use as much from the home garden as I can. 

I have no intentions of having a " bleach baby" as in being crazy about steril and uber clean stuff but the containers she drinks out of do need to be clean since there Are some nasties that can grow there. I really prefer to sterilize new feeding things as I feel it can help remove some oils and nasties that new plastic or whatever products may have or in the freak chance they were handled before purchase. ( I once was shopping for a water bottle for myself at wallyworld and one I picked up had a little clear liquid in it when I checked it it smelled like lamp oil. You don't know what some people can do in public as there are some sickos out there) it's the " I don't trust the cleanliness of new products that were in the store" mostly. 

I'm doing what I can for her so no worries there. Start work again next week but she knows I'd be home at a single notice if needed and I'll still do what I can otherwise. 

Slag, thanks for the link. I sent it to Elizabeth and I'll check it out when I get the chance. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raising goats is WAY easier than human children. If a goat kid is too much trouble you can sell it or eat it and not get in trouble. I can NOT tell you how good BBQed kid is!

Boiling kills most bacteria and unlike chemicals doesn't breed stronger bugs and weaker kids. Once they start getting around a little dirt is good for children as is playing in mud puddles and the rain.

Frosty The Lucky.

As is the eating of buggers, licking of door bobs, windows and assorted trim. Not to mention dog and cat kibble...

yess, yess... long pig is a very attractive use for children...

Especially in hind sight.

On the nursing home front, I think the current plan is to drug me with cough syrup, empty my pockets and rip the tags out of my clothes, stick me on a bus and split before greyhound is any the wiser. 

Your kids would go to that much trouble? WOW! 

My plan was to spend everything, die as deep in debt as possible and let the State deal with my carcass. Deb disagrees though so . . . .<sigh>

Frosty The Lucky. 

Well I was planning on a full anvil as a headstone if I can. Of course mounting it securely. ( I know anything that can be stolen......) 

or the large steel or stainless cross is a good idea. Could engrave your own and just leave it for them to fill in the death date. 

Lol you guys are cracking me up. I deffinately know it's Friday now. 

To be honest it has been a true joy to get to be home for this week with Elizabeth and Ayana. I have the weekend yet but unfortunately I have to start back to work Monday. On a positive note I am NOT a morning person , but I believe I finally have an alarm clock that gets my attention. ;)  Just have to feed her and change her diaper before I leave. 

Thanks all for the advice and light hearted humor. It's always welcome as this continues. 

It was bath time for baby tonight. Kinda funny when my antique collecting days come in handy with a couple old enamel wear baby baths. :) a bath liner sponge and soap and shampoo we got at the baby shower and were set. ( was her third bath ever with two being in the old baby bath bowl) 

reminds me of that old saying: " don't throw the baby out with the bath water" 

If I'd died while still working for the state the plan was to put me in the seat of a state truck and fasten the seat belt. 

What I'd like done is cremate me then donate a nice stone picnic table to a local park or have it placed at a cemetery with, "Here lays, blah blah blah, born died. Have lunch on me" engraved in it. Anchor it solidly of course and dust the ground under it with me before you plant the grass.

A nice SS spread cross sounds good too. Think both would be over doing it? 

Rather than trying to mask the odor, rescue a few shelter cats and close them up with your body You'll be clean bones before it starts smelling. Dogs will go something like a week without food before they start eating their dad person, cats don't wait 48 hours. OH, plenty of water we don't want to abuse the kitties. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Jascent. 

Frosty, you mean to put your ashes into the concrete that makes the picnic table And spread your ashes? Inlay the stainless cross flat In the face of the concrete table. There ya go. ;) 

I"m hoping we hit the lottery and I can be under polished granite or maybe gneiss but modern concrete would have to be type 5 marine to last. I want my ashes spread on the ground under the table before they plant the grass. Being cast in the table would be more in keeping with the epitaph but I don't believe it's legal. Could be wrong though.

Inlaying the SS cross would be nice, I like it. Thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

Always the possibility of getting  "someone" on this site to cast your ashes in the resin handle of a knife. ;) 

Probably plenty to go to gritting the driveway or fertilizing grass too. 

Personally I'd prefer to rot and go back into the lifecycle. Feed the worms that feed the birds that feed the domestic cats...... :rolleyes:

tomorrow I go back to work again so no more long week days with our little cutie pie. We are in a good rythem so far and we are ready. 

Problem with that Thomas is how little is left, it'd hardly grit the door mat. Jade is an idea but it's REALLY expensive to polish, even local jadite is spendy to polish. 

If I had my real druthers Das, I'd rather be wrapped in a sheet, blanket, etc. and be buried without going to the taxidermist and plant a tree over me. Preferably something that didn't grow there naturally. Unfortunately it's not legal to bury folk without sending them to the taxidermist first to be embalmed and none of those chemicals are any good for worms, trees or germs even.

Maybe get a couple friends to haul me out to real bear country and pour cod liver oil on me. By real bear country I mean places where there are lots of bears.

Frosty The Lucky.