I Forge Iron

Something for the kitchen

Glenn

I'm really interested in seeing more ideas and projects for the kitchen. I remember seeing a RR spike spatula some time ago (and some eggs or pancakes made with it) which I also liked quite a lot (and my GF has been asking for one like that ever since).

32 minutes ago, Andres Bello said:

I'm really interested in seeing more ideas and projects for the kitchen. I remember seeing a RR spike spatula some time ago (and some eggs or pancakes made with it) which I also liked quite a lot (and my GF has been asking for one like that ever since).

I think that was mine.  I have made 5 of them so far. They work great and I season them just like the cast iron pan I use them on. 

I still need to make a matching spoon and fork for a matching set. Then make a wall mount holder or something using spikes. 

( I still have the 2 on the left  the longer one I use for camping)

image.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Make a pot rack to mount on the wall or ceiling and then make hooks for it for the pots and kitchen tools to hang from it. Do them all in the same style (baskets or leaves or twists or....) and then you have a series of projects that you can do over time.

This is one I did about a year ago. I did another one, with a theme of fish tails. cant seem to find it though.... try not to pay attention to the sorry excuse for s hooks. don't worry, the ones I make now are a little better.... those are sliding hooks on there, and when sitting on a wall they are straight up and down. I got the idea for this from The Backyard Blacksmith.

Littleblacksmith

IMG_4944[1].JPG

well, the only thing that matters now is that I'm not still there. but yes, they do come in all different shapes, especially mine.:D

Littleblacksmith

• 3 months later...

Not a great photo, but this is a double hook that I made to go over the kitchen sink. One towel for hands; one towel for dishes.

IMG_2733.JPG

And here's a trivet I knocked out a few weeks ago after an exceptionally difficult day at work. 

IMG_2770.JPG

• 2 months later...