I Forge Iron

apprenticeship

Tubalcain2

this is a somewhat trivial prayer request compared to some, but i would like prayer for my acceptance as a student at a local farriers shop. he is a master and would be an honer to learn under. i asked him about it this morning , and i'm to receive his answer on monday. this really means a lot to me, and i'm REALLY  hoping he will take me. thank ya'll for your support and encouragement.

TC2

7 hours ago, Kevin_Olson said:

Prayers for stuff like this don't work so don't do it. What's goin to get you in is your wit, personality, and skill. I'm sure all these attributes are in fine shape. Don't worry. Happy thanksgiving

Forget I am staff for a moment, but you started this.. so ..... Excuse me? Who say's that prayers dont work?  As a Christian I am offended. :angry: God always answers prayer, its just that sometimes the answer is no.

Back to the real question here, If he says no, then reply with :

Thank you, I can understand about the apprenticeship,  If you dont mind, may I help around the shop here and perhaps pick up on things when you are available instead, at least until I can get myself into an apprenticeship somewhere??

and show him you know how to use a broom, and take out trash. No joke, no one wants to do that, so you have gained points just by being willing to mow his lawn and things. it worked for me

TC you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes the path we are led down isn't exactly what We were thinking. But I think the prayers are heard and we are led yo be or learn what we need to or are on this path. We are flawed. Sometimes we also need a kick in the behind for reasons we don't understand. Steves advise is good advise but I hope you can get in if that is your passion to learn. 

This is bordering on a religious discussion rather than just asking for a prayer. If there's anything to know about God is God doesn't need mere human defense, God has it covered.

All the anger, hate and warfare over the millennia isn't about God it's about humans. Seriously, what in the universe could a mere human do to offend Go? However I've personal experience with prayers and how they work well not HOW they work as much as they do. I think it's ill advised to tell someone their prayers don't count, if you're going to tick God off that aught to do it. If so God will handle it.

Al that being rambled about I'm uncomfortable asking God for for "things" for myself that don't have a direct effect on other's well being. About as close as I come is asking to be worthy enough to accomplish my goals.

So, I'll bend a knee for you TC. Here's to you being up to gaining your goals.

Now, lets all feel offended by another's beliefs, God will know his own and more importantly what's right or wrong.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey TC2 I meant no disrespect to your post. My fingers don't always type what my mind thinks.  I don't usually pray for someone who is control of there own destiny. Like my first post its you and your skills that will get you in. I pray for things I have no control over like my sister in law fighting breast cancer. Mr. Sells sent me an incouriging pm along with a good story and I'm changing how I look at things. Thanks Steve!  I pray God gives you the strength and courage to achieve your apprentiship 

just as an update for anyone who cares, we've come to an agreement for a 3 month apprenticeship starting... 4 hours ago. B) i'm SO STOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .we did 7 horses this morning, and have 9 more coming in 20 minutes. i'm on lunch break right now. talkin bout emersion training! thanks for all ya'alls prayers and encouragement.

TC2