I Forge Iron

Halloween Pumpkin Pattern - Skeleton Blacksmith

Dustin Quade

So i carve a boat load of pumpkins every year to add to my front yard for halloween. Last year i though it would be fun to do a pumpkin pattern for my blacksmithing. So i made my own pattern using cad and some reference material i found online. Just figured id share it since that time of year is coming up. Carve out the black and what your left with is in white. Hope some of you at least get a kick out of it.

Skeletal Smith Pumpkin.pdf

Skeletal Smith Pumpkin.jpg

16 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Mr. Quade,

Your Halloween design is magnificent.

Does your post permit the I. f. I. group to copy the design royalty free. I am assuming that this is so.

But I just wanted to be sure.

Regards,

SLAG.

Oh yea totally! And thanks for the compliment.

9 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Nice pattern Dustin. Will we get a picture of your carved pumpkin once it's done? :) 

Thanks man, I guess i can post a picture of the finished product if thats something people would want to see. I was mainly making the pattern available for peoples use though ;)

9 minutes ago, Dustin Quade said:

Thanks man, I guess i can post a picture of the finished product if thats something people would want to see. I was mainly making the pattern available for peoples use though ;)

Definately,  we want to see your work. And thanks for sharing the pattern. 

Dustin,

The compliment was well earned.

Also, your generosity is appreciated.

Ontario is an enormous Province. It takes two long days of hard driving to go from Kingston, on the eastern border,. west to the Manitoba border. (near Winnipeg).

I am curious, Where are you located? I will guess the Hamilton- Dundas area.

Regards,

SLAG.

17 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Dustin,

The compliment was well earned.

Also, your generosity is appreciated.

Ontario is an enormous Province. It takes two long days of hard driving to go from Kingston, on the eastern border,. west to the Manitoba border. (near Winnipeg).

I am curious, Where are you located? I will guess the Hamilton- Dundas area.

Regards,

SLAG.

Im located in Brampton, though Hamilton is a good guess seeing as how my dad used to live there.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JHCC said:

Nice -- but if it had a HF anvil, that would be really scary!

I was going for a minor scare here...my god man kids could see this, im not a monster!

1 hour ago, MarcyOHH said:

Oh man! I wish I would have seen this before Halloween! I definitely would have made NickOHH go buy some pumpkins so I could carve a few....but alas it is November now <_<

Well the pattern is available to you now so you could always save it for next year :)

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

Nice pattern, Have to remember where I save it for next year. Reminds me of the CBA Old Guys Conference from last Spring. Oldguys.jpg

Yea i have a folder just for pumpkin patterns. I go a bit overboard with the carving. This year our collection grew to 23 pumpkins but next year will be 38. No joke though that image right there was what i had thought to try to come up with then i was first thinking of making a smith pumpkin but i couldnt find any good reference images. Saving that for next year.

14900531_10154028424426463_3702880830956702020_n.jpg