I Forge Iron

Music? whistle while you work?

What do you guy's listen to when your tinkering around the shop?

I personally listen to music I don't really get way into, so I can focus on what I'm doing.. but it is pretty nice to have some good background sound..

umm, bluegrass is cool, radio.., alt rock, german rock ;) college stations play some wicked stuff..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually have the local country station going. If I really want/need to keep going, I usually turn on the local rock station. The same when I'm studying or working on other school projects.

yeah thats basicaly what i do unless I put a cd in. Although in my welding shop if I`am doing ALOT of welding I put on my leather jacket and put my
mp4 player in the pocket and run the earbuds through the jacket under my hood to my ears!:D It happens:rolleyes:

Hm.... Steel pole barn shop in the bottom of a creek valley with an el cheapo radio.... I get one country station (sometimes), one rock station (most of the time), and if the cloud cover is right I can get NPR, a gospel station, and one of the (possibly pirate radio) Mexican stations (I think its broadcasting from somewhere between Chicago and me)... That's about it, so usually rock or country, whichever comes in the best.
-Aaron @ the SCF

Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Bagpipe tunes, Gordon Lightfoot. Classic Rock. Depends on my mood.
Finnr

I love flogging molly!! totally forgot about them. good times.
the pogues are cool too, and dropkick Murphys kick!

yeah thats basicaly what i do unless I put a cd in. Although in my welding shop if I`am doing ALOT of welding I put on my leather jacket and put my
mp4 player in the pocket and run the earbuds through the jacket under my hood to my ears!:D It happens:rolleyes:

ha, what kind of welding do you do? I think tig destroy's watches.. so I would definately be careful with an mp3 player lol..

I love flogging molly!! totally forgot about them. good times.
the pogues are cool too, and dropkick Murphys kick!

ha, what kind of welding do you do? I think tig destroy's watches.. so I would definately be careful with an mp3 player lol..

I mig ,tig, stick ,oxy fuel (donot use mp4 with) only use it if I doing ALot of welding

Pretty much what Finnr has got going on, same stuff.
IF I am forging at all (outdoors), 11 degrees farenhiet today so definitely NO forging goin on.
Lately its been old Clapton (Bluesbreakers), Johnny Cash anytime,the Wolftones, the Furies from Dublin, Dred Zeppelin.
Mostly though more often than not it's pipes&drums because there are no lyrics to muddle it up.:DDan.

i just put up some old jbl's i had hooked them up to a pair of 100 wat amps and a preamp so i can run my xm radio out there...Untill about 2 weeks ago i coulldnt get any radio stations on a small boom box I had out there....asked for an xm boom box for christmas and was told to forget it...so i had the stuff layinn around and thought i would employ it....now it rocks!

Music and such is cool but I don't like it too loud nor do I think it's too safe, I like to be able to hear whats going on, hear if a leak develops air, propane or whatever else you have in your shop, or a machine changes sound while cutting, drilling, grinding etc., burner changes it tone, and so on. To me these are all things that you need to be able to hear to protect yourself and your equipment as well as others that may be around.

welder19

I listen to talk radio or some fm stations depending on what's on or what I feeling like. I also have a small mp3 with my favorites. I use a small arm band radio and the small mp3 I put into a pocket. I use a earbud headset put in one ear. This let's me put on my ear muffs when needed(most of the time). I buy the cheap earbuds from Walmart for .99 because I go through a lot of them. Some of what I make I make a lot of 500 to 1000 tent stakes at a time so it's nice to listen to something.

Mark