I Forge Iron

Music? whistle while you work?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking alot of you guys solely based on your musical choices.

Some metal - Metallica, Motorhead... some "Classic Rock"/Southern Rock... the Irish "Punk" stuff ROCKS! Even the "Hair Metal" - music of my youth. I've got my stereo from college (sans 5-disc CD changer) mounted high in the corner of the shop. I grew up with ADHD and need something going in the background to drown out my INNER voices. :D Well, the music and my 2 shop dogs that wander in and out from time to time.

Bill

In the shop I dont have music, But hopefully that will change soon.
I want to get one of these neat gizmos so I can stream Internet radio into my shop and right into head phones with out being connected to a audio cable or having to blast it thru speakers. Portable Internet Radio

In the house I normally listen to Di.fm , its a free Internet Radio station that streams a full range of Electronic dance music. I normally listen to the Trance channel DI.fm : Trance playlist which features weekly show from some of the top artists around the world like Armin van Burren, Markus Shultz, And Testo . Its good stuff, if you've never heard trance, check it out.
-Andrei

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many people here who listened to scots/gaelic style music. I play in a bagpipe band and have lisatened to that kind of music all my life. Some of the favorites in our house are The Wicked Tinkers and Bad Haggis, as well as the cheiftans and The Boys of the Lough.

I've been hooked by The Gourds for the last 6 months or so, reviewed as 'Redneck party music for the well read, yet unwashed'. Got tickets for a show tomorrow in Bend, OR, 150 miles up the road, can't wait.. I also listen to a lot of James McMurtry. 'Can't make it here anymore' is a real good tune about the de-industrialization of America. Worth checking out.

Well, I don't have much use for any new stuff. I like the old British folk tunes from people like the Waterson's and Barry Dransfield. I also enjoy the pipes, (if I'm in a fightin' mood:D) Bluegrass comes now and again, but confined mostly to the older "clawhammer" sound.
I don't listen to any in the forge as I dont even have electricity there. In the forge I sing it meself. Inside and out places me, my little brother, and my sister do three part harmony.