I Forge Iron

Tealight holder

Tubbe

I would've arc welded the handle on the male die rather than hand ground a groove for the wrap but that's me. All in all I'm impressed with your video production values, good lighting, well framed decent sound I muted it to keep the better half from making me wear head phones then yell because I wouldn't be able to hear her.

The candle holder is elegantly simple and clean and full of possibilities. For instance a person could part all four sides, make increasing scrolls and extend them down to form legs for a sweet trivet or candle holder on legs.

I'll be referring folk to your video as an example of high quality video production values as well. This is a win on all counts.

Thank you for an example of what a truly knowledgeable person posts rather than the armature dreck so commonly found on Youtube.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 11 months later...

Tubbe,

Thanks again for the idea.  Creating this was my first little BS project.  I had to weld up a specialized guillotine to facilitate since I don't have access to a power hammer and my first attempt by hand was troublesome.  Thought I would share the pics from this.  Merry Xmas!

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3904.JPG

Tubbe...Great video! You are very proficient in your work! Really enjoyed it.

Sir Coke...Nice piece! Is the leaf forged with the stem? DId you leave material at the end of the stem to form the leaf or is this welded on? (Iv'e gotta know how you did it)

Amhas...Nice work...I might copy your idea.

All the Tea Cup holders are awesome! 

Thanks Guys...Bruce

Greetings Bhutto,

I make mine from one piece of 1/8 plate and form the stem  and leaf from the parent material . No welding just carful hammer control. They take a good 2 hours each . I make quite a few for Christmas presents.. A challenge but worth the extra work. Have fun.

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG