I Forge Iron

A BIG Thank-You!

I think that we all should all take some time here and just send a great big thank-you out to Glenn for setting this site up for us all to come in, gather knowledge, chat with others on these subject, and for taking time out of his schedule to keep it up-to-date and to present the blueprints to us every Tuesday. This, I am sure, is not easy work and I would just like to be the first to express my appreciation for all that you have done for us Glenn. In addition to; all of the other members who put up new posts, threads, comments, etc. for the purpose of setting the rest of us up with more information that aids us in our blacksmithing endeavors.

From here in NW Ohio; Thank-You,
-Tony "Hillbillysmith" Turner

:)

I too greatly appreciate the information and education that I can access through the site. I am new to Blacksmithing. I enjoy a successful project. Mostly though I make scrap out of good metal. I have improved though and with practice and schooling I feel that I can greatly improve. Please keep up the good work....
Thanks,
Jerry

Yes.....a big THANK YOU!...is in order.

I started roaming the halls of IFI about a year ago.

I got lost in the Archives a couple of times........put some posts in the wrong places..........and more than once, I just had to shout HELP ME!
.....and someone always did!

So yes......Thanks Glenn,Andrew,and all the members who've helped me learn so much this past year.

You might as well brace yourselves......I have a whole new set of questions for the year ahead!

MANY THANKS!

Thank You to all that responded.

Creating IForgeIron and keeping it interesting has been a labor of love. Although Andrew and I do the daily maintenance, it is the contributors that built the site by providing their knowledge, skill and expertise. Their names are on the Blueprints, posts to the Forum, images in the gallery, and etc. To the contributors, thank you for helping create a resource of knowledge that everyone can use.

I am still amazed at how much this wonderful site has grown. I remember back when I logged on daily to visit "the other site" and although I found it to be a great resource, it just lacked a user friendly forum and a few other key ingredients (like a massive user picture gallery). Glenn, this site is amazing and is far more valuable to the beginner and advance blacksmith than any book or publication could hope to be. It is so nice to be able to post a question and receive informative answers from many talented veteran blacksmiths or run a search and come back with hundreds of useful results at the touch of a button. Where can we mail donations!:D

I really like this site, and especially like the category format. But one thing that's really impressing me is the Blueprints. Anvilfire has a nice section link removed at the request of anvilfire, but they couldn't keep that up, so it's been stalled for a few years now. The Tuesday night BP is doing a great job with fresh content. And the Wiki is a great idea. I hope that builds up.

Thanks, Glenn.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Glenn, Andrew & all who work so hard to build & maintain this site. I came to blacksmithing sort of by chance. I "inherited" an old 100# anvil and a couple of hammers a couple of years ago. I have now started to build a small "smithy" of my own. I could not have gotten where I am without this site or the many friends I am making here. Thanks to you & all the others who share their wisdom, knowledge & insite. It has made this site a great source of not only information, but of friendships as well. Thanks again!!

MRobb

I want to join the ''THANKING CLUB'' YOU make a fantastic job with the site VERY professional and HUMAN and informative simple to navigate and clear. THANK YOU FOR THAT GLENN +ANDREW !!!!!!!!!

As I told you I''ll do always what I can to suport the site with advertising world wide with donations to the site and with BP .

I will never forget that evening that I was attaced by a racist with very bad langvage you instantly took him off the site and apologized to me. It was very noble of you. It did not happen on the other sid of the road.

FROM 6000 MILES AWAY MY BEST WISHES TO YOU.
HOFI