I Forge Iron

Lithgow Ironfest 2013

Hi all

Just a heads up to let any Aussies know of the 2013 ironfest at Lithgow, (we are looking at taking a 1cwt massey in slides so as we can have a decent whack this year), Ironfest is being held in Lithgow showgrounds on April 20 and 21 there is a general admission charge to the whole event which is not all that cheap, but any blacksmiths wishing to take part can either contact through me or go to Ironfest direct.  Ironfest does allow for reimbursment of costs but you have to let them know you are coming at least, there is a form to fill out, giving them and you details and allowing for them to send you performers wrist bands to allow you entry without charge.

If you wish to attend as a blacksmith, I am going, Moonie is going, the Vic guys will be there, there is normally a roll up from Waughope, Will Maguire is going, come and be part of it all, it is an event that I do not miss.  They allow camping on the site. 

Phil

having read this I know it sounds a bit confusing but it is me winding down for easter break, if you have any questions contact me via a PM and I'll either answer your questions or steer you to someone who will.

Have a good easter (remember to drink in moderation don't drink and drive, there is a big police presence and double demerit points (NSW anyway) and try to at least think once or twice what good friday and easter was all about.

post-5537-0-12181700-1364451072_thumb.jp

To all the Australian blacksmiths on IFI, a reminder that the annual Ironfest is on again in Lithgow . Dates are April 20 & 21. The Artist Blacksmiths Association of NSW uses this event to hold its April meeting, which is generally well attended as it is geographically in the centre of the state. Would luv to hear from others who might be thinking about going.post-25255-0-37590300-1364541121_thumb.j

Picture attached of our new shirts and capspost-25255-0-37590300-1364541121_thumb.j

Ok so I should look at the threads more carefully before posting an event, just in case you missed Phils post, here a second one to catch your eye. The important thing is get your self to Ironfest, it will be one of glamour events especially with all those "steam punks"

Getting monsters hammer bolted down to the timber pad that we are going to use, just have to make some machine ways for the motor and it should be nearly ready to roll.  Got the car float organised, got the tow vehicle organised, got the method to off load it at lithgow sorted, power is sorted, blower for the forge being tested on the Lister tonight.  Accom has been booked for ages, all ready to go.

Its shaping up to be a blast.

Just need to order the Scotch and beer and all should be in order.  Oh and get the kilt dry cleaned.

Phil

post-5537-0-42219500-1365401000_thumb.jp

post-5537-0-73326000-1365401029_thumb.jp

post-5537-0-68814800-1365401057_thumb.jp

Yes unwashed backyard blacksmiths will be segregated from the public, by a big wire fence although they will be given swings and balls and bananas to play with.  No really everyone is welcome, It may pay to let me, Moonie, Will Maguire, know so as we can arrange for you to get in without having to pay the entrance fee that the public has to pay, that is if you are coming to smith, if you are coming as the general public, that is a different case.  See also my earlier post about Ironfest.

Phil

Talking to various blacksmiths lately, it looks as if we are going to have a good roll up. Been the middle weekend of the school hols should ensure a big viewing crowd, so we will have to be on our best behaviour.