I Forge Iron

Here is the video I promised

Very Cool! I was out of breath just watching you young men doing all that striking. Great video!

My hats of to you Brian Brazeal. It must give you a great sence of pride to watch a student of yours put together a video like this where now he has become the teacher from what you have taught him and now passing it along to someone else and all the others who watch this video. Thank you!

Very Cool! I was out of breath just watching you young men doing all that striking. Great video!
My hats of to you Brian Brazeal. It must give you a great sence of pride to watch a student of yours put together a video like this where now he has become the teacher from what you have taught him and now passing it along to someone else and all the others who watch this video. Thank you!

Thank you, HWHII. It has been very rewarding watching all these young smiths sharing their knowledge of blacksmithing. It made me cry seeing them perform at the ABANA Conference in South Dakota this year.

Nice video. I watched it the other day and it has been haunting me ever since. Today, I went to a couple of salvage yards and, at the second one I found a 6ft piece of 2" X 6". I had them cut me two 16" pieces. Being much older and less motivated, I made a few phone calls and dropped them off. I am having the hardy holes cut with a water jet and they will be ready next week. It will be nice to have an anvil dedicated to striking. Thanks for the video and the inspiration. Jerry

Dear All,

"Striking anvil" is not a term I was familiar with before I began participating in this forum about 3 months ago. Am I correct that it is an anvil that you use when working with strikers, particularly more than one? Is there any difference or advantage from using a regular anvil? The two things that I notice in the photos is that the striking anvil is located with plenty of space around it (I assume that is because the strikers need somewhere to stand) and it appears to be lower than the usual knuckle height of a regular anvil. Is this correct and if so, why?

Strikingly,
George M.