I Forge Iron

My Granddaughter Annalise

Woody

My friends I need your prayers for my Granddaughter Annalise she is 5 and her parents Paul and Heather. The doctors have decided that she will have to undergo her 4th open heart surgery within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks

Woody

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. For continued updates you can register at the following site

Visit a CarePage: Annalise01 every time there is a new development, my daughter updates the care page and you will be notified by email of the updates.

Your prayers are appreciated, thank you from the bottom of my heart

Woody

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I would let you know that Annalise was released from the hospital this morning and got home about 11:30 AM she is doing great and recovering quickly. Thanks to all the IFI people for their thoughts and prayers.

Woody

• 1 month later...

Annalisa's latest update.

May 21, 2007 at 08:41 PM CDT
Well it seems we are through another major hurdle and it feels great to be on this side of it once again. Annalise had her cardiologist apt today and we don't go back for 3 months. I am so excited. I want to hold onto this moment forever because 3 months seems like an eternity and that we will get to live normally and try not to think of her heart during this time. I know this may seem strange but we have had so many appointments for so long that this seems like forever. I mean really, it is practically the whole summer, LOL.

Annalise still hasn't returned to pre-surgery levels energy wise. Hopefully she will continue to improve. Her doctor gave some reasons for this and he will re-evaluate this at her next apt.

If you would have told me in the beginning of all this that she would have 4 open heart surgeries to face in her 5 years of life I would have thought that there was no way that we could survive all that. The stress has been unbelievable. But for now we don't have to think of it. She doesn't have any major complications to worry about right now. She is old enough to communicate when she does have unusual symptoms so I don't have to always guess if something is heart related. She is under the care of a wonderful doctor. I feel the most "free" I have felt in ages. It makes me want to cry.

And through all this Annalise has been so strong. She saw her cousin for the first time yesterday since her last surgery in April. He is 4 and he asked "did your heart surgery hurt". She said no. He was so curious about it and kept asking about it all day. He wanted to see her scar. Finally she said "I told your heart surgery does NOT hurt, ok!!!" How cute is that.

Next week I am having an abdominal hysterectomy/scar tissue removal. Much needed and forever delayed because of Annalise's complications. Please pray that this will be uneventful. Annalise has already offered her best suggestions and told me to bring ear plugs because "all that beeping from all those machines will keep you awake." She is so funny. She also offered to let me take one of her stuffed animals for comfort.

Well, I just had to share this with you. Thank you for your support whenever we needed it. I am sure we will need it again there will be another surgery someday but for now it seems so far away. In the meantime I am so thankful for all of you. Thank you all so much.

You are all a blessing to us.

Love, Heather, Paul, Annalise and Jillian

Hey Jr thank for the update, and good news. In this world of turmoil it's nice to here something came out OK. Last Wedsday I myself have a new grandson so know how feel about grand children.

Sincerely,
Larry

• 2 months later...

July 31, 2007 at 03:17 PM CDT
The Cardiologist's nurse called today. She had the results of Annalise's Holter monitor (24 hour EKG). Annalise is having small PAC's (premature atrial contractions). Essentially, extra heart beats. They are harmless and the new medication that she is on, Digoxin, will help with this. I can tell it is helping already because I don't hear them like I did before. We have a follow up appointment on August 20.

Annalise has been doing phenominally well. Her appetite is back to normal (both my girls eat as much as adults). She has grown an inch and a half since the surgery but hasn't gained any weight yet.

Jillian has been battling a few infections and is healthy for the first time in a few weeks. My happy girl has been so-o-o grumpy. As a result so has her mommy! She was fussing the other day and I told her "If you are going to whine you can go back to bed". She then smiled and said "I happy now momma, look, I skipping" and then proceded to skip across the living room. I guess you can't punish a happy, skipping child!!!

I signed the girls up for swimming lessons. Annalise will be in Level 1 and Jillian and I will do Aqua Babies (I will be in the pool with her).

I have healed almost completely. I feel great. I even felt well enough to pull weeds in the garden yesterday. (Truly, does anyone ever feel well enough to pull weeds?) Our garden is doing so well this year. No thanks to me.

We love you all and thank you again for all your love, prayers, and support. We couldn't have made it through all this without you. We thank God everyday for all our blessings.

Love ya,
Heather, Paul, Annalise and Jillian

• 4 weeks later...