I Forge Iron

Guess I ought to go ahead and quit my day job

Mothrog

it reminds me of the shadowboxes they you see with the replica(non fireing)colt pistols ... ive seen those sell for 500-700 as a "nostalga" thing usually has a faked newspaper headline or sumthin like that with it...he might have a chance selling that in somplace like jackson hole if it was 500.00 and he had a name attached ... or maybee sumthing like "original rr spike from old b&o rr with knife" its a good ad tho... funny!

I love this line in the listing-

Added After Auction Started: I have had several people write and ask if I made a mistake on the price. I checked my auction again and sure enough I did make a mistake. I meant to list this item for $ 15,000.00 + free shipping but forgot to enter the 1 so since it was my mistake I will go ahead and allow this auction to run its course and maybe this item will be overlooked and I will not have to sell it.

I might just have to bid on this one- I MUST be missing something here!

Can't help wondering if this is a deliberate joke or some sort, or if he has some other sort of ulterior motive (as Thomas suggested). Pretty hard to take this seriously. No one could be that dumb. (And that's not something you'll find me saying very often.)

guess maybe he's lucky that he posted the incorrect price---doesn't it cost a certain percent to offer for sale on e-bay? if he has to pay to post and gets no sale then i guess he is the sucker in this case (but i'm still not ruling out someone bidding on it).

I overheard a spike knife maker making a pitch at the Canton Flea Market in Canton, TX. At first I was going to step in and correct his misrepresentations but thought better of it. The customers needed to learn about snake oil and this was just the guy to teach them.