I Forge Iron

Wanta shake hands with you. and shoot the bull

Tom Lumpkins

Hello, As some of you know, I'm a OTR Truck driver and I get around. And I would love to meet others that like to pound metal.. I don't want nothing from you. Just wanta meet and shake hands and maybe sit down and have a cup of coffee and shoot the bull.
If you want to meet, Send me a pm with your phone number and town where you live and I'll give you a shout when I'm in the area.

Recently I had the honor to meet Art "Finnr" up there in WI, And we sit down and had a good time..Glenn made this possible, It was pretty wild the way it all worked out,, I was on the road and I found out that I was going to be goiing right by Arts house so I called the house and got the wife to get on I Forge Iron and see if Art was in the Chat Room, He wasn't But Glenn was.. He made the calls and the rest is history... Thanks Glenn

It's probably pretty unlikely but never say never, if you ever make a run to Anchorage AK. give me a shout out, I live about 15 miles out of the way and would love to meet you.

Same goes for any of you sooty galoots.

Frosty

Well I had the honor of Meeting and shaking hands with Stanley and his wife last nite in Nashville,IL ... Stanley it was a pleasure to finally meet you,and your lovely wife. I think we could have sit and talked all nite. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon..Tom
IMGP5621.JPG

Boy's I'm looking forward to meeting you all, But if you could please send PM with address and Name and ph num.. that way I can put you in my I forge Iron address book. and when I get in your area , I'll give you a shout.. I have wireless internet and sometimes I get in Area's where I can't get a signal. and if I got your number in my book I can call you with out having to get on here and try and find you. I have several that have already PMed and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you....

JRHD, No I don't pull a flatbed. I have in the past,But decided flatbedding wasn't for me, I picked up a load of lumber down in N.C and was up there tarping and the wind came and darn neer blew me off the top with the tarp....lol

^^^Gotta fiqure out how to make the trip to meet Dale Russel..

Edited by WagonMaster

I can't believe all the responses I've received, And I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you.. Trucking a rough job and its nice to get outta the cab and meet and shoot the bull with other's that love to pound metal.. Me and Glenn had us a big Time over there in WV. one day.. Yep we pounded a little metal, and I got to tour Glenn's world. Its been awhile since I've been to Glenn's , But next time I get over that way. I'll try and stop again. If you want to meet and have a cup of Coffee and shoot the bull send me a PM with city name and Phone number , and when I'm in the area and have time to stop I'll give you a call..Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Well have I got a story to tell, I was up neer Ft Wayne today and had some time to spare so I thought I would give Steve Sells a call and try and meet up at the truck stop, We agreed to meet up, and we figured I would be there around five thirty pm eastern time. I told Steve that I would have a white hat on and also about my beard, He said I would recognize him by his long hair. So when I walked in the restaurant at five thirty there sit along haired dude sitting at the counter drinking coffee ,, I sit down there beside of him and said howdy or Hey.. he looked at me and give me one of those " what do you want " looks. I thought well this ain't him so after a few seconds I got up and got me a table and sit and drunk a couple of cups of coffee,, then got to thinking that I might be at the wrong place, I left my telephone out in the truck.. So I told the waitress to give me a cup to go, and as I was walking out the long haired feller at the counter Said " Tom " I said yes ,, lol .. He thought I was someone else there at first. . I reckon there was some other driver's that come in there with beards. .. Steve it was a pleasure meeting you.. I enjoyed it Brother and look forward to meeting up with you again one day soon.. Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me.. Tom

IMGP5687.JPG

was great to meet ya face to fact Tom, Sorry I wasn't feeling the greatest, but wanted top see you too :)

How could you miss my black IFI t-shirt with the large white anvil on the back? LOL looking forward to have ya over for BBQ some time.

• 1 month later...
IMGP5740.JPG
Today, I finally got to meet up with Jeff {UNKLESPIKE} I delivered in Atlanta this morning and got me a load outta a place called Benton,Tn... Then I noticed that my delivery appt was for friday nite at eight pm eastern time up in Indianapolis in.. So I thought ..Well today I am going by Jeff's place at a decent hour I'm going to give him a call. Jeff had just got off work and hadn't even made it home yet. ... I told him I was here and asked if he was up for a visit.. Sure I'm getting gas and will be there to pick you up in a few minutes.....We went to his house and I got a tour of his smithy and Boy's he's got everything in there except the kitchen Sink.He's got a real nice shop. also while I was there Jeff shared a little family history with me and a few stories... . I had a great time, Jeff I sure am grateful, and it was nice to finally meet you and your wife in person and shake hands with you...

Jw, When I get up that way.. I'll sure enough give you a shout..I'm going to try and get a bunch of fellers rounded up and us all meet at the Fire on the Mountain festival they have at Spruce Pine,NC next year.
There ain't no doubt in my mind, We would all have us a good time.

Hey Tom,
That`s great man, how you manage to take advantage of your trucking and take time to meet folks in person down the road. A real thrill! Most probably you get to meet Frosty up in Alaska before we could even think of meeting down here, but just in case you get a trip passing the border down to Mexico, on down to Central America, just go a bit further towards the Caribean and we could a drink some native cocoa, coffee or a shot of good rum if you will, LOL. Just kidding but never know! Have a good trip meeting guys from IFI. Nelson.

Tom,
Probably not much longer than a round trip to California, but amigo coming through so many of these upside down countries may just be heaven or it could be hell. Just kidding. Enjoy your trip meetings, and will keep in touch here on IFI for the time, LOL.
Nelson.