I Forge Iron

A Fond Farewell

ThomasPowers

Before folks make a wrong assumption I wanted to say that I've decided to drop off this forum.

No problems between Glen and I, we've talked privately; but I've noticed lately that I seem to be doing more "me too" posts and several folks out there are posting exactly what I would have said anyway.

I've turned down several invites to other forums due to the fact I was spending so much time here and perhaps it's time for me to widen out a bit more.

I'll still be sending folks this way as I run across them asking about blacksmithing in other places you can be sure.

Thomas Powers

Thomas, as you said, there are no problems between the two of us. I wish you well in what ever you choose to do. You are welcome to visit IForgeIron when you can and thank you in advance for telling others about the site.

Take Care and stop by to visit occasionally.
Glenn

What a shame.:(

Enjoy yourself wherever you go to hang out, Thomas. Like Rich said, there's gonna be a gap.

That's all I have to say, for fear I may say something someone may take offense to.

Now who's gonna tell us what book to look in, for whatever blacksmithing history through the ages we are looking for.:(

I frequent a lot of forums of all types and must say this is one of the better ones. Some others I have left after a single incident, some were due to the action/inaction of the moderator or site owner and some were just attitudes that I didn't agree with. I'm not an argumentive person but there are all types on the 'net.

Everybody eventually gets a little tired once in a while - which is why they invented vacations.

You'll be missed, Thomas...drop back in when you can.

Well my friend, you will be missed! I hope to run into ya sometime in the future at a SWABA meeting though. (when we are out there that is) Don't forget to send me some pictures of what ever it is you decide to make with the TI I sent you! I'll P.M. you my email addy. Please do drop in from time to time. One of the days I hope to get to QS also! Take care and GOD bless.

Hey, Thomas, wait a minute. You're my hero. I really appreciate all of your values, with your cheapness being one of the outstanding ones. I am surrounded by cheap people who are extravagant on themselves. It makes me sick. But you are cheap on yourself too, and it makes it look more like a virtue than an irritant. In fact, cheapness is the wrong word. It is more like "a deep respect for valuable resources." Hope to hear from you again.